Re: SENDING MMS MESSAGES
EricLeblanc

Aha! I think I got it.

My wife and I have the S3. My wife was having the issue but I wasn't. Here's what I found that fixed hers:

Go to SETTINGS

Then DATA USAGE

Then check the box MOBILE DATA

It solved the issue for my wife so I hope this helps anyone else with this issue.

0 Likes
steveoknievo

I think I speak for all previous posters when I say this is horrible customer service. I am a first time Verizon customer and at the rate things are going I will be returning to AT&T.

First of all I want to establish a couple of things. I am aware that MMS messages do not send over WIFI, they send over network and are considered part of your texting plan. This is fine and dandy.

When WIFI is ENABLED as well as DATA being ENABLED, along with Wi-Fi/Menu/Advanced/Auto network switch ON, Auto connect ON, when attempting to send an MMS message one sees the wheel spinning. After a few minutes, it times out. While it attempts to send this MMS message, one can see both the WIFI upload/download indicator at the top of the screen lighting up, as well as the 4GLTE upload/download indicator lighting up. This indicates something is being transferred but the message still does not go through. Network selected under Settings/More networks/Mobile networks/Network mode is "CDMA/LTE/EVDO." Changing this selection to "Global" and rebooting did nothing to solve the issue, so I changed it BACK and rebooted AGAIN. Still not working.

I have tried installing a 3rd party app, still nothing.

I have tried booting into Safe Mode, still nothing.

I have tried Diagnostic Mode to try and see what's going on, nothing.

I have turned on Developer Mode to try and see if I can play with the settings, still nothing.

I have rebooted the phone and used all combinations of the above attempts, nothing.

I have removed the battery, done a HOT reboot, removed the SIM card for a few minutes, reinserted, still nothing.

I have tried going to Settings/More/Application manager/All/Messaging/ Turning OFF the app, Clearing data, Turning back ON the app, reinserting it on my home menu, still nothing.

I have tried sending the MMS with a "high priority." Nothing!

I have even resorted to hard resetting the phone. This took forever and did not solve my issue.

My phone was up to date when I picked it up and is still up to date as of typing this cry for help.

I have tried just about everything I can think of (short of doing some sort of rain dance and praying to the Galaxy S4 gods) and nothing has worked. I have had this phone since January 19th. I've been having this issue for the past 7 days. This gets fixed or Verizon is losing my business. I have spent HOURS trying to diagnose and correct the issue. I have called Tech Support several times, no help.

This is also my SECOND Galaxy S4. The first one had severe battery issues and was swapped out 24 hours after my initial purchase.

Needless to say I've not had the best experience with Verizon nor the Galaxy S4. Things need to change or my wireless carrier WILL.

0 Likes
Klue
Master - Level 1

Steve

I'm running android 4.3 and all my settings are exactly as yours, for wifi and data settings, but I do not have any problems sending MMS files. I do have a high signal strength rating where I live, right now it is at -98db. What's your reading? Also can you send MMS files from a different location? If you have a low signal strenght that could be the problem.

0 Likes
steveoknievo2

Klue, thanks for trying to help. My signal strength while on 4G LE is -99db. It makes no difference where I am when attempting to send a MMS with wifi enabled. Running 4.3 as well. I believe I have fixed my issue though I'm not 100% certain that it's permanent. Just so others may be helped by this, I tried resetting my wifi connection. I deleted all wifi information and started from scratch manually inputting all data.  At least here at home, I have been successful with sending a MMS when wifi is enabled. I am going to try again here shortly and at work after manually entering the wifi info there. I must say I'm hesitant to call it fixed after such a simple solution and fast results. It seems to be working now just as instantly as it stopped working a week ago. Time will tell..

0 Likes
Bassrox
Enthusiast - Level 1

Klue wrote:

Try this

From Jmarks9282 on 9/24/13

Here's how I solved my problem,

Settings<WiFi<then push the button(bottom left corner of phone, next to your home button), this will bring up a menu with 5 options<click Advanced<"check for Internet service" needs to be checked

This setting allows for your phone to switch from wifi and 4g automatically as needed. REBOOT THE PHONE.

It wasn't until after I re booted my phone that I was then able to send MMS messages while connected to wifi.

Thank you, Klue! This fixed my problem with sending MMS messages as well!

0 Likes
terdallaujar
Enthusiast - Level 1

I had this same problem.  You have to have your mobile data turned on.  It will not download using wi-fi.  Hope this helps.

0 Likes
janice52212

Verizon I need help...I have a Samsung Galaxy 4

My MMS will go through no problem to any phone on Verizon network, but if I try to send to a Samsung Galaxy on AT&T it is hit or miss.  They will get a "under construction" Icon instead.  I can send it as a group message and the two verizon users will get the picture but the At&t one will not.

I have searched and tried everything listed.  Changed mobile network setting, I did a hard reset and a soft reset, I took out battery and sim card, I turned on and off wifi, etc

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

janice52212 wrote:

Verizon I need help...I have a Samsung Galaxy 4

My MMS will go through no problem to any phone on Verizon network, but if I try to send to a Samsung Galaxy on AT&T it is hit or miss.  They will get a "under construction" Icon instead.  I can send it as a group message and the two verizon users will get the picture but the At&t one will not.

I have searched and tried everything listed.  Changed mobile network setting, I did a hard reset and a soft reset, I took out battery and sim card, I turned on and off wifi, etc

Have you considered the problem might be on the other person's phone?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
janice52212

When I had my iphone 4s with verizon, I did not have this problem it only started when I switched to the samsung galaxy s4

0 Likes