Sim Card Error
Cursed_Fairy
Enthusiast - Level 1

I recently purchased a S4, and I've been getting intermittent Sim Card errors, they usually don't last long about 2-5 seconds, but its typically when I'm in the middle of talking to someone on the phone, or on an app that uses the internet (maybe not so typically but i'm not using the phone so i don't see it). I called the Best Buy store it was purchased from, and they said it was a sim card issue and to come in and have the card replaced. When i got to the store (which is located in a mall) they sent me to the Verizon wireless Kiosk, who replaced my sim card. Unfortunately the issue continues to happen, which is extremely frustrating... any thoughts?

Re: Sim Card Error
pthowell

Just had the same thing happen to mine this afternoon.  I have tried; power cycling (off, and on again), SIM card popped out and replaced, SIM card cleaned and replaced, different SIM card, SIM card from this device in multiple other devices, leaving the device with no battery/sim/sdcard installed for 2 hours.

Next try will be a factory reset.  Currently backing up and my internet wants to be slow tonight.  Will reply with results later.

If that doesn't work I guess I'll get to see how VZW customer service is. 😕

0 Likes
Cursed_Fairy
Enthusiast - Level 1

In my research, i'm finding nothing but bad news, folks have replaced their sim cards, batteries, and even the phone itself, yet the problem continues... if that's the case i'm gonna be one unhappy camper... 😞

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Cursed_Fairy,

Lets get rid of that error message so you can start loving that amazing phone! We would like to submit this issue for further investigation, but need some very specific information to do so:

- Please provide exact text of the error message.
- Please provide a detailed observation of when this issue is seen.
- Is it seen at one specific location or at all locations?

I have requested to follow you. If you could please approve, follow me back and then send a Direct Message using these steps http://vz.to/1cOOY6O I'd love the chance to fully research into this on your behalf.

SarahO_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi pthowell!

Sorry you're having this issue, I'd love to help! Do you have the S4 or the S4 Mini? Please provide the error message shown on device when SIM is not recognized. Please also include any additional details, i.e., any applications recently downloaded. I'm sure we can get to the bottom of this for you.

Thanks,

ChristinaB_VZW
VZW Support

0 Likes
bigmandc
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi All,

On this forum to find out about this Sim card error that just started today. One msg reads SIM card removed The mobile network will be unavailable until you restart with a valid SIM card inserted. I didn't know a SIM card from an sd until today. I have never removed this card before, restarting leaving the battery out for an extended period of time works for a little while then the msg comes back. Any advice would be greatly appreciated Verizon.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello bigmandc!

Sorry for any trouble with your device and this error message. Do you have a Galaxy s4 or an s4 Mini? When did this begin? Do you notice any patterns as to when it happens? Please share some additional details so I can assist you.

Thanks,

ChristinaB_VZW
VZW Support

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

did you have a normal activation or did it seem to not quite finish?

if yes, reset & reactivate.

bigmandc
Enthusiast - Level 2

It's a galaxy stratosphere II and it started Friday afternoon. I went to a

Verizon store and they gave me a new SIM card and now the error msg is

permanent. There is a red SIM card symbol in the upper left hand corner

with a white x in the middle. The error msg says there is no SIM card

installed. Please install one and it soesn't matter if i take the SIM card

out or restart the phone the error msg does not go away.

On Sun, Apr 20, 2014 at 6:31 PM, Verizon Wireless Customer Support <

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for the extra info bigmandc! If you're still getting a SIM error after replacing the SIM card, the issue is either a software problem, or there may be something wrong with the SIM card holder. I would suggest trying a Hard Reset of your device, and if the problem persists, we may need to explore replacement options. http://vz.to/1rr6uVe

Thank you,
MichelleH_VZW

0 Likes