Droid 4 Constantly dropping calls
sarabugstar

Has anyone else (who's had their Droid 4 for a year or more) had any problems with an increase in number of dropped calls as the phone is getting older? It's now happening to me daily, and it seems that they are now occurring more and more often. I have the extended warranty and insurance on my phone and am trying to decide if it's worth the hassle of filing a claim on one or the other. I very rarely get a "call lost" message; in fact, I'm more likely to be talking along and wonder why the person isn't responding, then look down & the call is just not there any longer. I've also started getting a very bad "reverb" style sound  at times.

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Likes
Re: Droid 4 Constantly dropping calls
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello sarabugstar,

A dropped call is not something that we are used to reading about from our customers. Rest assured that we are on the job to get this resolved as soon as possible. Let's start with what zip code are you in? Are you having issues with your data services? Also, can I assume that there isn't any liquid or physical damage on the device? As you share the details of your concern then we can customize a solution for you. I'm looking forward to your reply.

Thank you...

ArnettH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

sarabugstar

My zip is 27889. I moved here 4 months ago. When I first moved (and before I moved) I was not having any problems. Starting about 2 months ago, I started dropping calls. Sometimes, I will be on the phone using data just prior to the call. I haven't had any problems with data that I have noticed. I have had a couple of instances where a text will come in days later than sent. The lost calls are happening both inside and outside of my home. There is no damage of any kind on the phone, no water, cracked screen, or anything. I've babied it. Other than the dropping of calls and reverb sound, the only other odd happening was last weekend, when a full charged drained off in 5 hours. While I was asleep! Any help is appreciated.

0 Likes
sfsphilly
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hi, I'm having this problem now as well and my Droid 4 is about a year and a half old too.  But I do not have the extended warranty or insurance and no upgrade until Feb 2014. What happens to me: the call seems to be still activated but the person on the other line cannot hear me and I cannot hear them.  Very frustrating.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi sarabugstar,

We would be delighted to take a closer look. For additional assistance please follow me MatthewS_VZW and then DM me with your mobile number and the last four of the account holders SSN or the 4-5 character billing password used when contacting customer service via phone, thanks!

MatthewS_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSUPPORT

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi sfsphilly,

Let's see what's causing the problem! Has you phone been exposed to any physical or water damage? Have you recently downloaded any new applications? When did the problem begin? I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Thanks for your contribution to community forums,

AyaniB_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
sfsphilly
Enthusiast - Level 1

It's been going on for about a month. No water damage. No really new apps.

On Nov 3, 2013 12:47 PM, "Verizon Wireless Customer Support" <

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for the extra details, sfsphilly. Since the call isn't actually dropping but it's losing the audio, lets narrow this down a little more. Does this audio issue occur on every call? Just incoming or just outgoing? Or maybe with certain people? Are you using any kind of hands-free, like a Bluetooth? Try to check in the headset port of your  phone and make sure there's no lint or other debris stuck in there. Sometimes the audio can completely go out because the phone thinks there's a headset plugged in due to stuff stuck in the jack.

Thank you
JenniferH_VZW

Please follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
SMC2

I have also been experiencing dropped calls.  More often than not, calls disconnect about 1 minute into the conversation.  This has been going on for several months and it doesn't seem to matter what the signal strength is.  Thinking that perhaps I was accidently touching the screen, I started using the handsfree speaker and being very careful how the phone was held.  This makes no difference.   This is more than frustrating.

0 Likes
sunnydaze555

I , too, am having this problem of either dropped calls or the person on the other end can't hear me but I can hear them.  I have had my phone less than a year --August will be a year. I had  call this morning and within 5 minutes, I had "lost" the call 3 times... or they had lost the ability to hear me 3 times. Had to keep calling back.. would say a couple of words and lose them again.  I get my text messages just fine.  I have NO LAND line and this is EXTREMELY ANNOYING/FRUSTRATING to me. HELP!!!!!

0 Likes