Re: Droid Razr M Camera is unable to initialize problem HELP!!
B33
Legend

You may end up having to do a Factory Reset.. to solve the issue

0 Likes
Chip_T
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am having this problem with a brand new Droid Maxx (i just upgraded) i have read all the post in this thread and none of it worked. I have however found that using a task killer just prior to using the camera allows it to function. I may or may not need to use the task killer the next time i want to use the camera. This is a faster way to get it to work than a power cycle. i use advanced task killer from the App Store. the funny thing is I have put the camera in my ignore list of the task killer and it still works as I described above so it's not the camera that's causing the problem its something else.

and now for the complaining, it is not a customer's job to fix this problem for you Verizon, Motorola, Google, Android, whoever is responsible for fixing this problem needs to get on it and create a fix. I pay good money for my phone, I use my camera quite a lot in my work taking pictures of jobs, receipts for expense reports etc. as I stated above I bought this phone just recently and it was like this out of the box before I ever installed any other app or anything. and if by chance Verizon representative would reply to this post don't ask me to Twitter, follow, or  Facebook. I don't do that crap if you want to help post something here or email me directly. in my opinion that follow me on Facebook Twitter for whatever is a cop out on Verizon's part. Thanks for the non help so far!

0 Likes
Chip_T
Enthusiast - Level 2

>>Post removed for discussion of moderation; please review the <<

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
Chip_T
Enthusiast - Level 2

>>Post removed for discussion of moderation; please review the <<

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
Chip_T
Enthusiast - Level 2

It would seem that i missed something when reading through this thread. The safe mode stuff. To make a long story short my problem was caused by a flashlight app. specifically the one from the "GO Dev Team" i happen to use and like very much thier stuff the launcher mostly. Thought  i would use the flashlight app they had to offer. I got lucky, i did not uninstall all my downloaded apps and updates as suggested by the safe mode instructions. I started with the flashlight app and got lucky. I have not had one problem with my camera starting since i uninstalled it. So with that said, perhaps other flashlight apps might cause this problem as well. I suggest uninstall your flashlight app if you use one and see what happens.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We thank all of you for letting us know about the problems with the camera initializing. We understand this can be frustrating no matter how often you use the camera.
We thank you for taking the time to let us know of the steps you have already taken to resolve the issue. We want to provide your test & results to the manufacturer in order to make sure we can get this taken care of.

TamaraH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
seuss516

I have a Razr that was purchased in February 2012.  The camera began failing "camera can't initialize"  about 6 months ago.  Sometimes it would work, sometimes it wouldn't.  Annoying but I made a mental note that I'd get a new phone (even though I like my phone) when my contract was up.  So!  I received notice from Verizon that I was eligible for an early upgrade - not edge - just a straight new phone new contract two months before my expiration.  Great, I thought.  For ease reasons I'd been toying with the idea of an i-phone (everything else I own is apple) and I was ready.

So I stop at the store, the sales guy is a jerk, says the only way to take advantage of the offer is online even though there is another clerk right beside him telling him they do it at their store.  Why wouldn't I want Edge it's much better, cheaper, etc etc etc.  I leave, dissatisfied.  BUT!

The new software push comes through and my camera works!  Great, I like my phone.  The camera works.  I'll stick with Verizon and just NEVER go to a store ever again.

Yeah......the camera lasted about 1 week and now all over again.  I finally broke down and searched for fixes which is how I ended up here.  Verizon assistance in the forums appears to be about the same as the store treatment.  I tried all the fixes.  Deleted all my 3rd party apps.  Did a hard reboot.  Nothing.

I'm seriously considering both an i-phone and AT&T when my contract is up in a mere 23 days.  Not worth the hassle.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Seuss516, I know it can be upsetting when the camera isn't working. It sounds like you've tried all the steps that we would suggest. At this point, it sounds like upgrading and replacing the phone would be the best option.

MarquiaF_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
chare28

After reading Chip T.'s post I decided I would start by removing the flashlight app. At the time my camera was showing the error message after removing the flashlight app that I had the camera began working immediately. It's only been a few minutes so I am not sure if this is a permanent solution, and obviously may not work for everyone if you are taking some of the more extreme steps above, but it's definitely a place to start. I'll make sure to update on here if the problem comes back.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

What you just described is a classic case of an application conflict. By removing one application, you fixed the issue.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes