Why can't I receive texts from iPhone users?
zcmitchell

I just upgraded from an iPhone 4 to a Nokia Lumina 928 last week.  I was forced to make the upgrade because my iPhone's charging port broke (due to normal wear and tear), and could no longer be charged.  I was unable to acquire a replacement prior to the phone dying completely, and as such, I was unsuccessful in resetting the iPhone.

I am unable to receive texts from any iPhone users, period.  We have tried deleting my number as a contact, resetting the SMS and iMessage settings, deleting my number and unregistering my device from iCloud and Apple, and I am still not receiving messages.  These are standard messages, without pictures.

What is the solution?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Upgrade from iPhone 4 to Nokia Lumia 928; texts from iPhone contacts no longer coming through
Not applicable

Your phone isn't the problem.

Your contacts may be using iMessage, which can only be used with other Apple devices.

Turning iMessage off resolves the problem.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Upgrade from iPhone 4 to Nokia Lumia 928; texts from iPhone contacts no longer coming through
Not applicable

Your phone isn't the problem.

Your contacts may be using iMessage, which can only be used with other Apple devices.

Turning iMessage off resolves the problem.

0 Likes