Re: LG Spectrum 2 Randomly Shutting Off
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hey there vitp,

What I am serious about is resolving your issue. I am well versed in this thread and I do see that other customers are having similar issues in this thread, but it is important to ask these questions to determine the root cause of each individuals issue as it is possible that it is being caused by something different for each individual. I appreciate your patience throughout the process and taking the time to answer all these questions.

It is unusual for for these replacement devices to have similar issues let alone get worse, because they do go through rigorous inspection to make sure that the devices are in full working order.

The manufactures warranty, in this case LG, covers you for a certified like new device of the same make and model.

I would be more than happy to review your account in detail to see if we have any other options available. Please follow me and dm me your mobile number and billing system password so I can review your account in detail. Here are the proper steps to dm:http://vz.to/17zF2vO.

NicholasB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Vilulalu,

I am sad to hear about the problems with your phone. We are here to help out. Please let us know what exactly is going on? Did this happen after an update or a new app that may have been downloaded? Please let us know.

Thanks, BobbyS_VZW

0 Likes
brimoe

Ok, lots of replies from Verizon that say the same thing, but is there a solution?  Who has the solution?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hey there brimore,

I'm sorry to hear that you are having similar issues with your LG Spectrum 2. In order to come up with the best solution I would need to ask a couple of clarifying questions to help determine the root cause.

Which software verison are you on,http://vz.to/1dalVvb? If you place the device in safe mode,http://vz.to/1bwMBpD, does the phone continue to power off?

Please provide these details so we can better assist.

NicholasB_VZW

0 Likes
bad_butch

yep, lg spectrum 2, and having the same issues...just shuts itself off at random times

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

bad_butch lets get your device back in action! Fill us in on the details and we'll get right to work! When did you start noticing this began to happen? Any recent changes? Have you noticed that the shutting off appears with certain activites?

AshleyS_VZW

0 Likes
Mike4917

I too am getting nothing but a run around over my Spectrum 2 and the fact it shuts down when ever it wants.  This is my 4th phone and 2nd simms card in less than 6 months and the problem continues.  I have been back to the store 4 times in the last 2 weeks and have talked to IT and customer service 2 times and promised  a call back from them with some kind of answer both times and NO ONE CALLED.   So I have a $600 paper weight and nobody at Verizon could care less about it.   I have no other recourse short of filing a law suit, no one wants to help other then a bunch of lip service, and that does not get me a working phone.  And that is all I'm asking for, a phone that works all the time not just when it feels like it.  Maybe I should pay the bill only when I feel like it.

0 Likes
kierzie

I, too, have an LG Spectrum 2 that randomly powers off and the only way to get it working again is to remove and replace the battery. This started within a few days of receiving it in March of 2013, before I loaded any apps. After reading Verizon's responses to you, I have decided to switch to another phone. Thank you for posting your issue.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello Mike4917,

We always want your device to be operational! I'm glad to hear that you've had the opportunity to work with our Tech Support Team regarding your device. I apologize if a resolution was not provided. Have you attempted to reach out to the manufacturer of your device, LG? If not I recommend reaching out to LG by visiting http://bit.ly/L4LvXP to receive assistance with their device. Please keep us posted if we can provide any additional assistance, thanks!

MatthewS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSUPPORT

0 Likes