Re: "Your Internet connection is unstable" on Note 3
sykadelic
Enthusiast - Level 2

I bought my white Note 3 and my husbands black mist S4 on January 18, 2014.. so about 3 weeks ago. They've BOTH had this problem from day dot (and updated that day for both of us). This is why I believe it's software and not manufacturing.

0 Likes
redsandvb

One reason I asked is because I read this post in another forum, http://forums.androidcentral.com/samsung-galaxy-note-3/320341-hows-your-wifi-connection-note-3-a-13....

The poster says: 

"If anyone is still having problems with their Wi-Fi being unstable and none of the solutions mentioned in previous post have helped, then pull the sim card out and test your Wi-Fi connection. If it solves the problem you have a phone with the Wi-Fi antenna and mobile antenna next to each other. This is a known issue with the Samsung Galaxy Note 3 that has been remedied by Samsung in later phones, however the bad phones in the pipeline are still being marketed by the carriers. As far as I know the only solution is to replace the phone with one that has the antennas spaced farther apart. If you get an earlier phone you may experience the same problem."

0 Likes
steve1811
Enthusiast - Level 3

Sounds good, BUT:

1 - Where is the SIM card location on the Verizon SM-900V? (Note 3)

2 - The 2.4 GHz WIFI and Bluetooth bands are the same. According to the antenna diagram, they use the same antenna. Is anyone aware of any Note 3 phones with separate WIFI and Bluetooth antennas? Can they provide a link to the FCC database that shows this?

3 - Why did this start all of a sudden with a new software release?

I do suspect that an RF interaction is part of the problem, but I also suspect that it was abetted by some change in the 4.3 MJE software. Alas, there seems to be no real technical information coming out of Samsung, Google, or Verizon, so we are all left to speculate on our own. It is all right to have a problem. But it is not all right to try to cover it up, wasting our time. This will definitely impact my next purchase

Thanks,

Steve

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

steve181 wrote:

Sounds good, BUT:

1 - Where is the SIM card location on the Verizon SM-900V? (Note 3)

click here:

SIM Card - Inserting/Removing - Samsung Galaxy Note® 3

0 Likes
steve1811
Enthusiast - Level 3

Got it. Thanks. Now I know what the little tool that came with the phone is for.

tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

steve181 wrote:

Got it. Thanks. Now I know what the little tool that came with the phone is for.

Actually, the 'little tool' is to enable you to change out the tips on the S-pen, but it also comes in handy when removing the SIM card. 

WriterNJ

Just to add to the list of nettled VZW customers who are Samsung phone users -- I am also experiencing the "Unstable Internet Connection" issue on my Samsung Galaxy Note 3.  I have tried just about everything to mend the issue, but my efforts were to no avail; shocking...  Fortunately my data isn't being used in excess like others are proclaiming; however I do have to restart apps (games, etc) to be able to continue using them due to the connection flopping and not (for some reason) switching over to 4G quick enough.  I have toggled the "Auto Network Switch" on and off, as well as toggled the "Keep Wi-Fi on during sleep" to "Never" and "Always," but the issue continues.

I wasn't able to use the Note 3 when the last software version was installed because I bought it after the latest update was installed.  It is obvious that this is a software-related issue with this many people experiencing this; either this, or there are large batches of Note 3s that are lemons (although, this is unlikely since users have stated that the last software version worked fine).  I am sure I am going to receive a scant response from a VZW customer support rep because that is all I have observed throughout this entire thread when VZW users have distinctly expressed their issues in clear connection with others experiencing the same exact issue with their devices.  How many people have to express the same issue before VZW admits that there is a problem?  This isn't even satisfactory public relations for Verizon even though you may be responding to a user every now and then; just admit there is a problem and attempt to figure out when a fix is going to be released..

We are not going to miraculously hold in our hands an issue-free phone by "toggling this" or "restarting that" for the millionth time just because we have been told to do so.  I can tell you that these possible steps to resolve certain issues are permanently ingrained into my brain.  These workarounds are fine for certain issues, but clearly NOT this one.  C'mon VZW, we as customers deserve a fix!  We've been patient enough.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

I like the Sim Tray / Volume toggle on my Droid Maxx but every time (discussion of moderation removed) I wonder why it's not a crime to get one and it's not going against your warranty as the part is a Factory OEM part so I wander what gives.. but these tools that you can use are handy I've use a tooth pick to install my SD and Sim Cards. for years.. b

Comment edited as required by the Terms of Service.

Message was edited by: Admin Moderator

0 Likes
Howsmyhair
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have solved the issue my friends. Well at least for me that is. The problem is with the channel the router is communicating on.

1st I downloaded a wifi analysis tool. I found that my wifi was on Channel 1 and so was a bunch of people in my neighborhood, as well as channel 6 and 12.

2nd I logged into my router and changed the setting from auto and I picked a channel in between other channels, I picked channel 4.

The router rebooted and my Note 3, Note tablet and my wife's G4 connected back up, and I have not seen that error message and my connection has not been interrupted.

I hope this helps anyone else.

0 Likes
sykadelic
Enthusiast - Level 2

My husband did the same thing this morning! We're on 11 now. We were on 1 and it was too busy, so were 5, 6 ,7 and 8.

So far no instability and no drop-outs. This solves it for our home router which is great, but it's not like we can change the channels when we're out and about so I'd still like to see a "proper" fix... but we'll just use mobile data I suppose!