Re: Ellipsis Sd Card
bizzremodeler
Enthusiast - Level 2

Don't waste your time buying a SD Card- this tablet has the storage capacity of  shrunken postage stamp. Verizon should throw these Ellipsis 7 's out of their showrooms' since we have maybe 10 apps usable ' & can't move to SD Card. They should fix this with update' or give everybody a free IPad ( which is a real tablet with real storage) . equivalent to 30 mpg car with 1 gallon tank.Verizon is absolutely nuts !

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

A system update is coming. http://www.androidpolice.com/2014/01/27/verizons-ellipsis-7-getting-pretty-big-ota-update-brings-improved-data-connectivity-better-battery-life-and-more/

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Kieta
Enthusiast - Level 3

I wonder when they plan on pushing it down. I still see nothing when I check for updates.

0 Likes
Kieta
Enthusiast - Level 3

I'm guessing everyone got the update by now. It helps that they added the disable button to a lot of the pre-installed apps because it does a real uninstall and frees up app space now.

0 Likes
WickedAnnabella
Enthusiast - Level 3

Any one now having issues where it suddenly stops recognizing the SIM card and it requires a reboot?

Sent from my Verizon Wireless 4G LTE Smartphone

0 Likes
wheatieclerk

couldn't agree more with this thread. I got the Ellipsis 7 as my first tablet and it's been disappointing. my Droid holds more apps than the tablet. the Verizon tech told me to get an SD card but I could move only 5 apps to it...so I get the "out of memory" message daily too. I use "Clean Master" to boost memory and clean cache, but it barely helps release a few hundred mb. I feel like I should have sprung for a real tablet from Best Buy rather than this one which is so limited.

0 Likes
Kieta
Enthusiast - Level 3

Did you get the updated they recently released? If so you can now "disable" apps that are preloaded that you don't want and it will free up app space.

0 Likes
wheatieclerk

I got an update push today but still don't see that I can move apps too the SD card--can I? And if I hit disable, I get weird messages like "do you want to return to factory installed app." Do I?

0 Likes
wheatieclerk

Apparently it worked.I wasn't sure because it said it was disabling the app not uninstalling it. We'll see if this works, thanks.

0 Likes
Kieta
Enthusiast - Level 3

I believe I clicked yes on that prompt and it uninstalled the app and released app space. As far as move apps to the SD card that is an Android limitation if I recall correctly.

0 Likes