Re: bluetooth - wireless issues with samsung S4 due to Android 4.2.2 ?
SEAYAH

Is this a problem with Galaxi 4 only. I'm about to upgrade and I use the Bluetooth all the time.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

No issues are noted for Bluetooth with the Galaxy S4 SEAYAH! However, some third party applications may conflict with Bluetooth performance. I recommend upgrading to your new phone and install your third party applications one at a time and test your Bluetooth profiles for a couple hours before next install. This will help you identify conflicting applications (if any).

AntonioC_VZW
Follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/VZWSupport

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi SEAYAH! It's so exciting to upgrade, and I completely understand wanting to make sure you're getting a top notch product! This problem with the Bluetooth is not a known issue with the Galaxy S 4, and you are unlikely to experience it if you choose it as your upgrade device. Remember, you do have 14 days to try a phone out, and make sure it's working to your satisfaction with the option of returning it before you're fully committed. I hope you find a phone you truly love!

Thank you,
MichelleH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
TamaraH_VZW
Verizon Employee

I just wanted to follow up, kwinton.

The sofware team was able to test several devices with different bluetooth speakers, but they weren't able to reproduce what you have experienced. What Bluetooth speaker are you having a problem with?

TamaraH_VZW

0 Likes
302Stang
Enthusiast - Level 2

This is truly insane, I cannot believe the Verizon rep is telling you they know of "no" issues.

DO NOT UPGRADE TO 4.3. DON'T-DO-IT!

There are uncountable thousands of people having problems with WIFI and Bluetooth after the 4.3 upgrade. Just search here and you'll see many threads to that effect.

If you "Google" you will find many more threads from around the world with people experiencing problems post-4.3 upgrade.

DO NOT UPGRADE (for as long as you can; eventually it will be forced on you and there is a better than average chance you will join we minions of S4 customers with ZOMBIE phones. Not alive and fully functional, but not quite dead either).

You are warned...

0 Likes
Sunz139

I have recently purchased an S4 and post the upgrade, I had the same issue with Bluetooth and a very new car. None of the repair apps worked and I was out of ideas. I tried one last thing that appears to work for me.

Turn on Bluetooth

Go into setting and then click more

Click application manager

Scroll to the right to running applications

Select Bluetooth share

This will open up a variety of services within the Bluetooth process and application. I began to stop several of these individually but made sure to leave on a2dp. I am still fine tuning exactly which needs to be shut down, however this allowed me to connect a variety of applications and the disconnect issue seems to have gone away.

You will need to do this each time you activate Bluetooth but seems to solve the issue (at least until the next version is released)

0 Likes
TamaraH_VZW
Verizon Employee

Thanks for that information, Sunz139.

Do you mind me asking what type of car you have (make/model/year)? I want to be able to forward this information to the software team.

TamaraH_VZW

0 Likes
Sunz139

Sure. I drive a 2013 Subaru BRZ.

Since my last post - I have narrowed it down to turning off the Health Bluetooth function and have not had another issue since. The phone will stay connected without issue for hours and all features (calls, texts, etc) seem to work normally through the cars interface.

0 Likes
TamaraH_VZW
Verizon Employee

That is great information, Sunz139. (Beautiful car!!!)

I will be sure to forward your findings to the team. Any way we can narrow this down for others will help them greatly.

TamaraH_VZW

0 Likes
Reneplante
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am having a similar issue with my Galaxy S4.  I have two strap on heart rate monitors that worked fine with my iPhone but the GAlaxy S4 does not recognize them.  I have upgraded to 4.3 but still no positive results.  I also have a Nikon WU-1a wifi transmitter for my camera.  with my Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 it works fine and transfers the photos from the camera to the tablet however with my Galaxy S4 it sees the WU-1a but it said there is not sufficient signal strength to operate and terminates the connection even though the devices are sitting right next to each other.  What's being done to correct this. 

0 Likes