Which ETF tier do 4G mobile hotspots fall into
gb755cs
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have a JetPack mobile hotspot that I used while I was in college because I had devices like my PS Vita that could not be plugged into an Ethernet cable. I also used it when I moved into the residence hall my last semester because the campus wifi and internet dropped out at times and was super slow especially during peak times. Since I am at home I I almost always have wifi and I use the data on my phone if my internet goes down or I'm out and about without wifi. The line is just taking up space and not being used. I have about 8 months of my contract on that line. If I could terminate that line it would save me about $30 a month including taxes and fees. I just need to know what I am in for as far as a termination fee if I were to cut the ties right now with that line. My house does not get full service with Verizon and if I either save up the money to eat the fee I may switch to AT&T or T-Mobile since both get full service here and GSM devices use less battery power.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Which ETF tier do 4G mobile hotspots fall into
rcschnoor
Legend

$175 less $5 for each month of your contract which you complete.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Your receipt should list the return policy and the ETF for your device.

Otherwise you can call customer service at 1-800-922-0204 from another phone and ask them to give you an estimate of the ETF.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

$175 less $5 for each month of your contract which you complete.

0 Likes
gb755cs
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thanks

Sent from my Windows Phone

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I hope your not planning on leaving us gb755cs? The ETF for smartphones is $350.00 when you purchase your device and decreases by $10.00 per month each month you have service. If you no longer need your Jetpack, you can try asking a friend or family member if they would like to take over that line into their name to avoid the Etf. I can understand the importance of needing the right device for school. We have many other devices that may work for you and that line may be eligible to purchase a device for a discounted price.

KinquanaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

Verizon Wireless Customer Support wrote:

I hope your not planning on leaving us gb755cs? The ETF for smartphones is $350.00 when you purchase your device and decreases by $10.00 per month each month you have service. If you no longer need your Jetpack, you can try asking a friend or family member if they would like to take over that line into their name to avoid the Etf. I can understand the importance of needing the right device for school. We have many other devices that may work for you and that line may be eligible to purchase a device for a discounted price.

KinquanaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

This seems to be a VERY interesting answer,

The OP is asking about a Jetpack yet you give the ETF for a smartphone. You then go on to talk about the OP's jetpack, so it appears you are aware that this is the item which the OP is asking about and NOT a smartphone.

VERY confusing.

Are you aware the Jetpack is NOT a smartphone???