MiFi 4G lte jet pack
Tbird8907

My verizon MiFi 4G lte jet pack is the worst on the market and we have had nothing but problems continually.  It may work for a 2 day period at the most, then stops.  What can we do?  I want to get it fixed or term the contract.  I was told at one point I would be notified of my options, but nothing so far.

Worst service ever, and we have 7 phones on this program.  The home internet is horrible.  The rest of the phones work.

I have now been on hold for over 30 minutes, so, obviously others are having the same issues.

What do we do?

0 Likes
Re: MiFi 4G lte jet pack
TraceyReed

Are you in a full 4G service area? 

We had issues with our Jetpack and the cause was the signals switching between 4G and 3G.  Since we restricted it to just 3G service, it has been fine.

The changes are made on the Jetpack site.

0 Likes
Tbird8907

We have switched ours to 3G only, and still doesn't work most of the time.

My wife tried to log in around midnight last night - which should be a not so busy time. I was told by one of the people I talked to at Verizon, there are times when the network is very busy and could be tough to get on. Where we live we have more cows than people. Can't be that busy most of the time. My son tried to log in this morning and couldn't get in, but later tried and was able to after about 3 minutes of waiting.

Just a worthless system, but I have to stay with it for the 2 year contract. They say it works well and we should have problems, but then I was told, this type of a unit should be for people who travel. Well, that isn't what the sales person said. The said it would replace all of our internet needs and be our home internet, plus we could use it when we travel. Anything to make a sale.

Very disolutioned about Verizon, and we have 7 lines with them.

That will change in the future.

Tom

Tom Evans

402-896-9470 Home

402-650-8907 Cell

402-697-5626 Office

Date: Sat, 23 Jun 2012 15:42:39 -0600

To: tbird_evans@hotmail.com

Subject: - Re: MiFi 4G lte jet pack

Re: MiFi 4G lte jet pack created by TraceyReed in Verizon Wireless Services - View the full discussion

Are you in a full 4G service area?

We had issues with our Jetpack and the cause was the signals switching between 4G and 3G. Since we restricted it to just 3G service, it has been fine.

The changes are made on the Jetpack site.

Reply to this message by replying to this email -or- go to the message on Verizon Wireless Community

Start a new discussion in Verizon Wireless Services by email or at Verizon Wireless Community

© 2011 Verizon Wireless

Verizon Wireless | One Verizon Way | Mail Code: 180WVB | Basking Ridge, NJ 07920

We respect your privacy. Please review our privacy policy for more information.

Not interested in these emails anymore, or want to change how often they come? Update your email preferences.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Tbird8907, I'm sorry that your service doesn't work. Do you have this issue in multiple areas? Have you checked your 4g coverage http://bit.ly/xVecuo ? Please advise. I would love to help.^SP

0 Likes
Tbird8907

We had the same issue when we were in a 4G area. Now we are in a 3G area and the issues continue to occur.

Some days we can get on the internet and stay on for enough time to watch a movie, or do some work.

Then other times it just stops, or takes 30 minutes and longer to even log in. Some times we can't log in till the next morning.

I think we will have to wait till the contract expires then move. They won't let us move now, since we are in an area where it is supposed to work.

We were sold the wrong device in the first place. We should not have been told it would replace our cable companies internet and be better.

What do you think you can do?

Tom

Tom Evans

402-896-9470 Home

402-650-8907 Cell

402-697-5626 Office

Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2012 15:08:18 -0600

To: tbird_evans@hotmail.com

Subject: - Re: MiFi 4G lte jet pack

Re: MiFi 4G lte jet pack created by Verizon Wireless Customer Support in Broadband & Netbook Community - View the full discussion

Tbird8907, I'm sorry that your service doesn't work. Do you have this issue in multiple areas? Have you checked your 4g coverage http://bit.ly/xVecuo ? Please advise. I would love to help.^SP

Reply to this message by replying to this email -or- go to the message on Verizon Wireless Community

Start a new discussion in Broadband & Netbook Community by email or at Verizon Wireless Community

© 2011 Verizon Wireless

Verizon Wireless | One Verizon Way | Mail Code: 180WVB | Basking Ridge, NJ 07920

We respect your privacy. Please review our privacy policy for more information.

Not interested in these emails anymore, or want to change how often they come? Update your email preferences.

0 Likes
wherder
Enthusiast - Level 3

Tbird,

Unfortunately, I experienced the same issues as you.  I went through two 4150's (Jetpacks) and untold hours and hours of troubleshooting, etc.  I never resolved the issue, and finally got rid of the 4150.  It's just a horrible device with extremely poor (translate to non-existent) support. 

I switched to a new LTE equipped iPad, and while it has issues of its own, the whole "dormancy" and "lockup" symptoms disappeared immediately.  Now, as I write this I'm without mobile data service as it's down in my region - and as usual, Verizon totally fails to communicate this and instead forces customers to call in, wait on hold forever, only to find out there is a regional outage when they COULD simply post a status message on VZW.com....  Not to mention a regional outage that highlights a lack of diverse network routes and paths...  But I digress. 

Bottom line here is that I tried for close to a year to make the 4150 work.  I swapped it out, upgraded, reconfigured, etc.  Absolutely no difference whatsoever all over the country.  I did absolutely nothing other than swap to the iPad, and magically many of the issues evaporated.  Seems like further proof that the Jetpack is fundamentally flawed. 

0 Likes
Shkago1952

Tbird....we had the SAME problems you're describing (and we supposedly live in a 4G area).  We took the hotspot unit into our local Verizon store.  They changed out the SIM card & we haven't had any problems since! (just a thought)

0 Likes
pattylouyse

I feel your pain! I HATE my Mifi device. It has never worked properly. I have called numerous times, changed from 4G to soley 3G, have had several different SIM cards. My contract is up in August. I am begging them to let me out of the contract due to terrible service and not getting the service I am paying for. It is also super slow. Having 2 small kids - it is very difficult to call them and sit on the phone for 1+ hours while they run you around in circles. Having been a Verizon customer for 12 years I am super angry. I think we will be moving our service to another company soon - After they do their "3-day technical support check" to make sure our device is working properly. Such crap.

After reading all of these posts - I understand why they aren't letting us out - if they let one out, they have to let EVERY one out (which is what would happen with this awful service).

The WORST!!! Verizon should be ashamed.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

pattylouyse, we want it to be a painless experience on our network. It disheartens us to see that you feel this way about us after 12 years. We want to keep you in our wireless family and work this out. You mentioned that you've had several SIM cards. However, have you ever had that device replaced under warranty? You have a 1 year warranty which covers that device for any manufacturer issues.

LasinaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes