My LG Lucid was dead yesterday and wouldnt charge. This morning the icons on the bottom of phone are blinking. Has anyone had this issue?
Lgarand

On Monday night the phone was fully charged. I shut it down when going to bed but did not plug in charger. Tues morning the phone would not turn back on and would not charge with any charger or outlet. I kept it plugged in overnight tuesday.... Wednesday morning I tried to turn it on and the icons on the bottom of the phone blink but phone doesnt turn on. What's going on here? i've had the phone less than two months!!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: My LG Lucid was dead yesterday and wouldnt charge. This morning the icons on the bottom of phone are blinking. Has anyone had this issue?
stef7
Master - Level 2

You might want to try plugging the phone into a USB port on a PC.

It's also possible you have a bad cable.

0 Likes
Re: My LG Lucid was dead yesterday and wouldnt charge. This morning the icons on the bottom of phone are blinking. Has anyone had this issue?
Lgarand

I tried using provided usb cable connected to pc...doesnt work. I also tried car charger and different outlet. I can't find info anywhere saying what the blinking icons mean.

0 Likes
stef7
Master - Level 2

The blinking icons mean, the battery is too low to allow the device to power up. That seems to suggest to me your cable is OK, and so is the adapter (and outlet).

OK, I think the thing to try now is a replacement battery.

It might be that your battery just failed. Since your device is so new, you might want to go into a local store and ask if they can replace the battery, or get something off eBay or Amazon.

If you go to a Verizon Store to ask to have a new battery (more preferrable) have them verify operation in the store before you leave with the cable and adapter you have, but with the new battery. With a really depleated battery, that might take 10 or 20 minutes.

If another battery doesn't work, then it's probably the phone, and you'll need to have it serviced or replaced under warranty.

0 Likes
Lgarand

I went to a local store...it is the phone itself, not battery. They are shipping

a new one and have reactivated my old one for the mean time. I just hope that it

doesnt happen to the next one.

Thank you so much for your input Smiley Happy

~Lisa

0 Likes
jft48

I've had my Lucid since March and it goes through a new battery about every 2 weeks.  I now order 2 at a time so that I have one to put in when the one in the phone dies.  Not only does this phone use up a full charge in about one day, but it kills batteries after about 10 days.

0 Likes
Not applicable

I've had my Lucid for nearly a year. Will be in 2 weeks. Still on the same battery. As far as a charge not lasting a day. Well it's a smartphone not a basic phone. Also I make sure I don't have thing on I don't use and I make sure apps are actually off then I shut them down. I've gotten as log as 3 days on a charge. Right now I'm at 45% and 1 days and 7 hours since my last charge. This is pretty typical for me. Now if you talk a lot or stream video or playing games then sure your battery is going to die quicker. You might want to adjust your brightness settings and screen timeout settings. A lot of people don't realize the screen can use up a lot of battery.

0 Likes
PRECIOUSCHILDOFGOD

Yes, I have had the same issue, with the blinking lights when the battery is pretty much drained and then I charge it.  I believe it was said or I read a warning about how to not let the phone's battery power be drained so much so before you charge it.  I also know through experience, that once the phone is adequately charged, the blinking of the lights, ends.  Also, a tip on how you can save on battery power, is by making sure that you turn off the other apps that are hidden, and not being used.  The way that I have done this, is I held down the menu key, and the hidden apps, appeared in their own little windows, and from there I would just swipe them off.  I hope that makes sense?

0 Likes