Re: Samsung delivers official statement regarding Galaxy S3′s Android 4.3 update issues
neener413
Enthusiast - Level 2

AGREED!!!!!  My husband & I both have the phone....thank goodness I heard about this problem & we have been able to delay the update.  I've posted to Verizon Wireless fb page & I have no idea where the post goes....out into a black hole.  They could care less.  They are blaming people on how they care for their phones & telling them to get extended batteries....etc.  If your phone is working correctly prior to an update.....it should be even better after.....we have had Verizon FOREVER like a lot of people...they should be giving US phones & not having to do the work to correct the problems an update creates!

0 Likes
Re: Samsung delivers official statement regarding Galaxy S3′s Android 4.3 update issues
neener413
Enthusiast - Level 2

nicely said!  glad I saw this post! I have been getting the update prompt for 4 days, my husbands just started today.  Curious when it will 'automatically' happen!  I will be on Verizon's doorstep that day!

0 Likes
clydebarrow
Enthusiast - Level 1

It is quite apparent that neither Verizon nor Samsung will reply to this thread.  We need to make it more public.

We need to post on their Facebook  and twitter pages.

derekforce
Enthusiast - Level 2

wow, I had to re-register my account/password and go through a bunch of hoops to get back here.  I just signed up a few days ago.  thanks verizon!!!
</sarcasm>

anyway, anyone else seeing this - now when i attach a pic to a text, it doesnt show the pic anymore.  it shows a default image with a little orange triangle with a '!' in it.  never had that before.  also i cant click on a text (such as that pic) to enlarge and see it like before

just another of many problems to report with the verizon forced update.  put me on the list for another person just waiting for my contract to end so i can jump carriers.  yes, I understand this is samsung update, but verizon put its own mark on it (like all my custom ring tones and notification changed to a default verizon sound)..  and then forcing it upon me.

no happy at all Verizon..  even less happy with your lack of response/statement about your obvious screw up.

Skyking711
Enthusiast - Level 3

<<Login> re-register....

Funny you should note this... I thought I was the only one having this issue... What a mess... Even LassPass alerted me to a problem w/ this site... Yet another reason to find another provider...

Re 4.3 update...

Seems Samsung has definitively  pointed the finger at Vrz as the responsible party for this update and it's subsequent problems w/ the S3.

By now Vrz is fully aware of this issue and time will tell how they respond. Should this issue continue to fall on def ears at Vrz (Which I highly suspect) and no recourse is offered, then the next course of action for consumers is obvious.

Vrz monitors these threats.. this is clear. So, one final question and/or request.

Verizon: Do you acknowledge there is a problem with the 4.3 update for S3 users and, do you plan on taking any action to remedy this problem for your customers?

Plain and simple.

I (we) await your reply.

0 Likes
PhoneUser1000

My phone drained 25% in 1 hr ...and I was commuting, not even using it! What if I had car trouble? What if it were an emergency? These issues have gone on long enough. Verizon should spend less on advertising and more on support.

0 Likes
Danni111972
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have strong wifi and i get the unstable wifi connectin as well.  I am using up my 2GB because of this!!! I refuse to get more mobile data because I shuld be able to use my wifi!

0 Likes
randrezzi
Enthusiast - Level 2

So yesterday I went on a social media frenzy trying to get someone's attention.  Below are the transcriptions.  If you don't feel like reading, the short story is - no one is acknowledging the problem.  My recommendation is keep flooding their social media, start contacting tech sites like Gizmodo, etc...  They are going to keep ignoring us until everyone is complaining.

Posting to Verizon Wireless Facebook Page:

Me:

Is anyone going to acknowledge the issue for Samsung S3 phones and the new 4.3 update? There is a 26 page forum of complaints on your community site and everyone keeps getting canned responses about "helpful tips to extend battery life" from your customer service reps. Do you really expect us to believe it's simply a coincidence that updating to 4.3 and phones are now slow and battery dying quickly?

VZW: Hi there Rob! We are here to help all our customers and happy to do so. We understand how important it is to have a reliable battery and we're prepared to offer you all the alternatives to extend a battery life and ensure the phone is not slow to respond. I appreciate you reading through the forums and being proactive about the troubleshooting steps for your phone. Did you complete the factory reset and the battery saving steps on your phone? If so, what problems are you having now? - Ada

Me:

Yes- pretty much everyone on the forum - all 250 of them - have done the same thing and are experiencing the same results. It's not the phone, it' the 4.3 Android update that is causing the problems - including

1. extreme battery drain - my phone las
ted 8 hours prior, now it lasts less than 3. NO OTHER CHANGES WERE MADE TO THE PHONE other than the Android 4.3 update
2. the phone is extremely slow now and lags. typing, waking up, opening email, opening apps, are all slow. This was NOT an issue prior to the update
3. Wifi Connectivity issues - keep getting "unstable connection" errors. This NEVER happened prior to the update. Also, I have Verizon Fios for my internet, so you can't blame them.

We are not stupid, please stop insulting everyone's intelligence. I don't want a new phone, I don't want tips on battery life, I don't even expect the issues with 4.3 to be fixed right away. All the consumers want is an admission from VerizonSamsung Mobile USA/Android that yes - there are issues with the update and we are working on a fix.

They never responded!

Tweeting to Samsung's Mobile Support:

Me: so everyone is just going to pretend there are no Galaxy S3 issues with the 4.3 update?

Samsung: Hi there! If you are having trouble w/your device, we'd be happy to help! Can you pls provide your model # and carrier? ^Kel

Me:  VZW SCH-I535 - There are 250+ comments in VZW's support forum all having the same issue after 4.3 (link to this forum)

Samsung: Thank you. Can you provide more detail on what it is you're experiencing on your device, specifically? ^Kel

Me: As with the other 250 customers - battery drains extremely fast (2-3 hours), wifi connectivity issues, phone is slow now

Me: basically, everything listed here (link to official statement article at beginning of this thread)

Samsung: Are you using the original Samsung battery, charger and charging cable? ^Kel

Me: Yes. the device worked fine the day before I updated to Android 4.3 - just like the 250+ people in the link I sent.

Samsung: Do you typically have features such as Wi-fi, GPS or Bluetooth enabled? ^Kel

Me: Wifi, hence my wifi connectivity issues... blue tooth and GPS no.

Samsung: What are you experiencing with the Wi-fi. Also, is it happening with more than one network? ^Kel

Me: "unstable connection" message.  Worked fine prior to 4.3 update. Multiple networks.

Samsung: Have you tried forgetting the network, then attempt to connect again by re-entering the credentials? ^Kel

Me: yes. The issue is the 4.3 update. Have you read the article and verizon forum?

Samsung: We are here to assist with devices directly and would be happy to continue troubleshooting for your device specifically.

Samsung: You mentioned your device is slow. Are you experiencing a lag with any action or app in particular? ^Kel

Me: all actions - typing, waking, opening apps, everything

Me: that's the problem. Looking at this like an isolated incident when its affecting hundreds.

Me: don't bother troubleshooting my phone. Just tell your supervisor you are still getting more complaints about 4.3. Thanks

Samsung: We appreciate your input and will be happy to forward your feedback accordingly. Thank you. ^Kel

Danni111972
Enthusiast - Level 2

Exactly, when Samsung does fix the battery and wifi issues from the update, Verizon will be the last (as usual) to let our phones do it.  I think this will be my last contract with Verizon.  I've been with them for 10 years, but their tech support sucks.

0 Likes
Danni111972
Enthusiast - Level 2

I called Samsung and the tech acted like he didn't know there was problems.  When I mentioned that the UK had the SAME EXACT PROBLEMS he pretended to know nothing about it! Yeah I am pissed off with Samsung over this. He had me doing the dumbest things, a complete waste of 40 minutes.

0 Likes