Re: DROID Razr MAXX HD unmounting SD card issue
Switchlord

Any update Verizon Support?? This is creating issues using my phone.

0 Likes
Switchlord

New update. I stopped at a Verizon store (different one). The associate told me this is a known issue and it is a problem with the RAZR  phones of this vintage and I should get another one. Now here comes the fun part. Since it is just over a year old i am not eligible for a replacement and would have to pay $100 to my phone insurance company for a new one. This trouble was first reported to Verizon way before the year was up. The last time I called them they told me they could not talk to me because my PIN was wrong. At this store I found out my PIN is fine. Anyone with a year or older RAZR needs to get it replaced to fix this issue.

0 Likes
B-Monkanimal

sorry for the delay.  This has continued to be extra frustrating considering I'm travelling at the same time.

I've tried multiple SD cards and they all exhibit the same behavior.  I finally reformatted one card while it was in the phone and it worked for about a week and then the same problem occurred.  Since my old phone with a broken screen seemed to work, I took apart both phones and swiched the screens.  After about 5 minutes, it happened again.  Still not sure what the problem is but I think Switchlord's latest response regarding a Verizon store employee's knowledge of this sheds some light on the issue if only for the fact that so many people have this problem and it's finally recognized and identified.  The question remains, "what is verizon/motorola going to do?"

I reformatted the card to see if it would make a difference again.  I'm not hopeful.

Also, my brother said this was a problem with his Razr M and it chewed up a couple of his SD cards.

fyi: I'm using Android Version 4.2.1.

B

0 Likes
jeffrg

I am having the same problem and it is obvious to anyone who looks that  it is an issue with the last update.  Verizon, when are you going to  correct this?  Don't tell me to format the card.  i have done so with 3  different cards and I am seeing how many other people have done so too.   You know it's an issue, when will you fix it?

0 Likes
tattooedmind
Enthusiast - Level 2

After reading this post and scouring all the different forums I could find with threads pertaining to this issue, I am fully convinced it is related to a certain OTA update. I have had this issue for a few months now and prior to the update in I believe September, I never had an issue. I can use the SD card in the computer without any problems. I'd like to know if there is a way to rollback to the previous version. I know it cannot be done by the consumer, but can Verizon techs in the store do it?

0 Likes
murphy_md

I have had this issue for a year. Verizon told me to call Motorola as the sd door has issues and causes the problem. Called Motorola, to bad we are aware of the issue have Verizon replace it. Verizon will not replace or fix the known issue or you can spend extra to upgrade to another model when this is a known hardware issue. What a run around.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Motorola caused the issue, and it's their product.  Verizon isn't liable to fix it, and Motorola is.  If you don't believe me take that to court and watch how fast Verizon get's cleared and you'll be up against Motorola through the long haul. 

0 Likes
CactusDave

My problems with the SD card being unexpectantly removed started when I changed from a more rigid protector case to a case that had rubberized sides.  The SD card door was visably pushed out by the spring action of the SD card port.  The original case I was using was apparently snug enouch to keep it closed.  I tried a bit of tape to keep it closed and that worked for a few days.  Another post about this problem made me realize that the SD card must be seated BEFORE installing the SIM tray.  If the SD card does not click into the port, the spring action will push against the SIM tray resulting in intermitant contact.  This resolved my issue; I no longer need to tape the sim tray shut.

I do not see how an update could have caused this issue; I think it was coincidental.

0 Likes