Re: Samsung delivers official statement regarding Galaxy S3′s Android 4.3 update issues
Cabrinha
Enthusiast - Level 1

Yes I am having major problems with mine. Power button does not shut off screen, cannot power off. It buzzes once every 4 seconds and never shuts down. Have to remove the battery to make it power off. Also - anytime I swipe screen, it prompts me to power off or restart. LED light camera light flashes at will - basically it is doing some sort of disco every once in awhile. Contacts are all scattered  - links were broken between all of them. Cannot get the phone to connect to PC now...even with Kies 3 it still will not connect. Got it to show up once and started the backup process and then it quit in the middle of transferring folders. BATTERY DRAINS QUICKLY as screen light will not cut off. Had to set time to 15 seconds for default screen to cut off.

This update is the worst thing I could have done. Destroyed many hours of linking contacts and straightening out issues from last update. I'll never update it again...IF they find a fix or replace my phone. It is pretty much junked.

DO NOT UPDATE if you haven't already.

Re: Samsung delivers official statement regarding Galaxy S3′s Android 4.3 update issues
wwselect
Enthusiast - Level 1

Not sure I have a solution entirely but after many hours of time on hold with Verizon Support AND Samsung, finally managed to access the Verizon Wireless Software Repair Assistant and reinstalled or reflashed the Android 4.3 upgrade.  Did this solve all the upgrade issues?  Not sure, but at least it stopped the flashlight keeping me awake all night. 

What I did was to access the Software Repair Assistant by attaching phone to my computer and clicked on the popup window to find "VZW Software.Upgrade.Assistant.exe" and select "Software Repair Assistant" for my phone.

Not a complete fix but much improved.

0 Likes
Re: Samsung delivers official statement regarding Galaxy S3's Android 4.3 update issues
boychik0830
Contributor - Level 1

I cannot private message you at all why is that?

0 Likes
Re: Samsung delivers official statement regarding Galaxy S3's Android 4.3 update issues
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

You and the other user need to Follow each other before you can Direct Message each other:

0 Likes
MABeatty

Just to add my $0.02, I found this thread looking for details about what's new with 4.2 for verizon.  I'm surprised to see people saying how bad of an update it is.  My update (as well as my wife's, my dad, and 3 other people I work with that have the S3) has improved performance on the phone.  I'm a heavy user and would normally only get about 6 hours of use out of it, I'm getting closer to 10 now.  No issues with phone lag, hangs or force closing of apps.  I was having a problem with my camera failing to start, but haven't had it happen since the update.  Only thing I've noticed that I had to fix was to relink some of the contacts accounts.  Some, not all, of them became unlinked and showed up as multiple instances of the same contact.

I'm not suggesting that there aren't problems with the update, but the notion that the update is bad is just not true.  Problems are on individual devices and not global.  I wouldn't hesitate to install (with a good backup done first of course) the update again.

0 Likes
boychik0830
Contributor - Level 1

I am following him but he Is not following me back at all

0 Likes
steve1811
Enthusiast - Level 3

FYI All:

I have the WIFI dropout issue on the Note 3 (Android 4.3) also. After spending many hours trying all the standard fixes I found that turning off the Bluetooth fixed it for me. This is a good short term solution, but its unacceptable in the longer term.

If you check the web you will see that lots of others are having the problem also.

As I see it, the problem is Samsung and Android's (Google's). There needs to be national exposure to get them to fix it fast.

Steve

Shutmouf
Enthusiast - Level 1

Just to keep piling on here: I'm having terrible battery drain, my phone has frozen during a phone call, and lag when unlocking the phone. Some of the apps do seem to run smoother but overall this has been a terrible upgrade and needs to be addressed immediately or I'm done with Samsung.

dorothaj
Enthusiast - Level 2

Ever since the forced update, I have a continual message that my wifi network is unstable and advising me to switch over to mobile data only, which I cannot and stay within my 2 GB plan.  It also seems to be draining the battery by constantly searching for a signal.  My work wifi is definitely NOT unstable--I work for a tech company.  At home, it has never been "unstable" before the update.  Seriously, do I have to buy an iphone?

pizzapablo
Contributor - Level 1

Believe me, when I say that you are in the minority.

This thread is 21 pages. This thread https://community.verizonwireless.com/thread/812848?start=50&tstart=0 is 7 pages.

Your's is the first that I've read, stating operation is better, let alone, good to go.

When did you receive the 4.3 "update"?