Galaxy S4 photos corrupted after update
bdifurio

My galaxy s4 forced me to do an update on Dec 19 2013. Two days later about 70 of my pictures and videos were corrupted and showed up as a grey box with a white figure in it. I called Verizon and they check my phone and SD card to make sure there was nothing on them that would do that to my pictures. I then emailed Samsung and they told me to try doing what I already had. They said if that does not work then there is nothing to do and all those are lost. This is the second time this has happened to me. First on my S3 and now. I called Verizon again and talked to 3 different people AGAIN they also tried to take a look and saw nothing. My google+ account also was not backing up my photos even though I have it set to auto backup. When I look on my gmail it only has 4 pictures so all those others are now lost. These are clearly photos I can not go retake. Verizon connected me to Samsung again and the guy rushed me off the phone and said well sometimes this happens and pretty much its my fault for not backing my photos up. I told him I have it set to do that but it is his companies phone that isn't working., I am not an idiot. So after 3 days of calling and explaining the same information over and over again, does anyone know a program that can restore your pictures or has any idea how I can get some back. Its not like it is just a few, its 70!

0 Likes
Re: Galaxy S4 photos corrupted after update
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Were the pictures on the SD card or the internal memory space? If it was the SD card, try the steps in first. If you do need to restore the SD card, I believe there are some programs available on the Internet that might help.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes