Re: Note II not supported by Kies
persnicketyp
Enthusiast - Level 2

Try using My Phone Explorer. it at least syncs with outlook. it is funky, but it works. http://www.fjsoft.at/en/

0 Likes
brianjnote2

I am in the same boat as everyone here.  Macbook, Note 2, Verizon.  I installed an external SD card 64 GB and cannot get any music to properly sync with that card.  NOTHING seems to work.  Some songs copy over, other songs will not play.  I've tried the Google Player, doubletwist, the default music player.  Has ANYTHING worked for any of you?

0 Likes
persnicketyp
Enthusiast - Level 2

Brian

I don" know what format your music is in, but i simply connected to my computer with the usb cable and dragged and dropped my music folder into the phone. It was that easy. It took all of my itunes, music purchased on Amazon, downloaded music and even songs I had gotten from Napster back in the 90's. I play it on the built in note 2 music player.

pcgirl

Hi Guys,

I signed up especially just to respond.  I was having intermitten problems as you describe above but the following fix helped me. Smiley Happy

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-hardware/samsung-galaxy-s3-kies-hardware-...

I hope this helps you guys (and girls?)  LOL 

0 Likes
persnicketyp
Enthusiast - Level 2

pcgirl,

thanks for this. I need some clarification. Will this allow us to use Kies with a Verizon Galaxy Note II, I see it is meant for the S3? I am not having a problem connecting the Note II to the computer, I just can't get Kies to work with this particular carriers Note II.

Thanks,

Jared

0 Likes
pcgirl

Hey Jared. I don't know, to be honest. I don't use Kies. I have everything

backed up on google and use drag and drop for everything else. The link is

basically just an older driver that is more compatible. It can't hurt to

try, as you can update your drivers back to newer ones by uninstalling the

older ones.

0 Likes
brianjnote2

I think I figured out the problem.  The external SD card I purchased was a knock off "no name" brand off eBay for ~$25 USD for a 64 GB card.  The saying goes, "You get what you pay for..." rang true for me.  I should've known something was wrong when I tried formatting the card and my Macbook Pro recognized it as a "67 GB" card and wouldn't allow the reformat (the button was grayed out).  I returned it and bought a reputable name 64 GB card (Sandisk micro SDXC 64GB) and its worked beautifully since (knock on wood!!!).  

Thanks everyone for you input and help!!

0 Likes
Anicra

Kies does not work with Note2 ....yet

However Kies Air works fine and I think much easier to work with.

Have to install Java and open a door in firewall (popup) - to make it really works great.

0 Likes
UPR

I successfully use Kies Air with my Note 2. However, I am on a win 7 64 bit machine.

You might want to try Air Droid.

0 Likes
PointBlank

>>Duplicate post removed to comply with the .  See <<

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes