Re: Battery won't charge after update! (S4)
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Having a device that won't turn on is frustrating ph0tic. I can understand the frustration. I have a few questions to help with fixing your issues. Is the phone damaged? Did the phone have rebooting issues previous to the update? Have you tried to charge the phone so that it reboots enough to perform a hard reset? If you are able to power up your device, a hard reset is a step used to clear the phone of some of the issues that may be associated with  update. Here are the steps http://vz.to/176v3fz. Please keep us posted.

KinquanaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
cpatel

My phone was fully charged this morning. While coming to work i noticed that it shut down without any warning (low battery or app issue or anything else). Now when i try to charge my phone it does not charge at all and the battery is completely drained. I am not sure happened.

0 Likes
cpatel

I am having exactly same issue.

0 Likes
KellyArens
Contributor - Level 3

After the latest update, I am not having any problems with charging at all.  Even the third party car charger working great. 

B33
Legend

Hey that's good news

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Oh no cpatel!

I know having a good battery life is important to get through the day since we rely on our phones for many things. I definitely don’t want you experiencing this issue as well, let’s work to fix it. What model phone is it, the mini or regular S4? Please do the reset outlined above, http://vz.to/176v3fz. .
Lastly, did you charge your phone at least 4 hours using the wall adapter? If not, please do so. Keep us posted.

AdaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter at @VZWSupport

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We are here to help and want to make sure that you are able to stay connected cpatel! Are you using the manufacturer’s charger and have you tried a different charger? Also have you connected the device to the computer using the USB cord in effort to restart? If the S 4 is able to get some charge please try to run in Safe Mode http://vz.to/1hCWfLm . If the issue persists, please complete a Hard Reset http://vz.to/19jJtZW . Keep us posted!

AshleyS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
DHB3
Enthusiast - Level 3

I'm having the same problem -- for the past two weeks, since the latest OS upgrade, my S4 won't charge by any of the chargers I am used to using -- the original from Samsung, USB from any of my computers, even other micro-USB chargers that have worked in the past. The only way to charge it is to remove the battery and charge the battery in the spare battery slot of the EZO cradle I bought (that charged the phone itself just fine until the latest update.) I've looked through the forums and found better responses from T-Mobile than Verizon about this issue, although none have solved my charging problem. How do we get this fixed?

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello DHB3
We never want you to have a device that won't charge. Have you tried the hard reset that was previously mentioned? There may be a conflict with the software update and an app on your device.

JoeL_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
DHB3
Enthusiast - Level 3

I want to exhaust all other approaches before resorting to a hard reset since that requires resetting my multiple email accounts, downloading apps for corporate email (which I had to pay for a second time when I changed phones), and downloading and resetting all other apps. Quite a nuisance that I should NOT have to go through as the result of an update of the OS. (The kind of nuisance that makes one consider changing phone OS's and providers.)

Since that's your (VZW's) first suggestion and I feel I've done a good job searching VZW and other forums about this problem, I guess I'm stuck doing the hard reset. I just need to pick a day this weekend when I won't need the phone and have nothing else to do for several hours. Good thing I'm closing on the end of my 2-year lifecycle and can drop the phone and VZW if this turns out to take as much time as I'm anticipating. I'll post the results here. (If it goes badly, this won't be the only place the story gets told.)