why is my iphone 4s wifi function greyed out?
markitektus

my iphone 4s wifi is greyed out, now i cant use it. have tried resetting to no avail. any idea how to restore it? is it a hardware problem?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: why is my iphone 4s wifi function greyed out?
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

You can try searching the Apple support site to see if the issue is addressed (www.apple.com/support). You can also try doing an actual restore to see if that helps. Make sure you back up your device first or you will lose your data.

0 Likes
xhunter4u
Enthusiast - Level 1

This is a known problem with 4s phones. The only solution is to get a new phone, sure hope yours is under warranty, otherwise you'll have to try and  convince either VZW  or Apple to give you a new phone based on the multitude of failures they've had with the WIFI function.

0 Likes
doridoo74
Enthusiast - Level 1

This is not an execptable answer. Why should someone have to get a new phone when LOADS of people are having the same issue? Someone either at Verizon or Apple need to fix this problem.

0 Likes
xhunter4u
Enthusiast - Level 1

Dude, I'm not a Verizon rep, nor am I an Apple rep. I'm just a guy who had the same problem and I'm passing along info on what I had to do to fix it. That said, if you're iPhone is out of warranty what I'd do is Google the problem, print out a few of the posts on whatever website you found info on the same problem, then take that stuff with you to the Apple store and demand they give you a new phone. But getting angry at me isn't going to help you.

Comment edited as required by the Terms of Service.

Message was edited by: Admin Moderator

0 Likes
Doridoo29
Enthusiast - Level 3

Really all I was trying to say is that why should we have to get a new phone when it is something that verizon and apple are aware of and multiple people are having the same problem. I no where attacked you in away shape or form. Who said I was angry at you?

PS.. I am a dudette and was trying to hurry up at work while typing the first e-mail excuse the incorrect spelling..

Comments edited as required by the Terms of Service.

Message was edited by: Admin Moderator

0 Likes