Re: Issues with static, crackles, pops, and squeals during calls
tribaljedi
Enthusiast - Level 3

I will leave all of mine at 13QCELP and continue to monitor.  It does seem better but I should know more by tomorrow.

jjmmhh
Contributor - Level 1

tribaljedi,

Let us know if you see a difference in your battery life. Someone on one of the boards mentioned that they felt this settings was impacting battery life. Thanks!

0 Likes
Re: Issues with static, crackles, pops, and squeals during   calls
jjmmhh
Contributor - Level 1

tribaljedi,

btw, have you heard back from that guy in the Verizon Exec office?

0 Likes
aqsan18

Thanks for starting this blog. It fixed my lg g2. On mine, it was really clear, whether it's a landline or cell. The battery consumption was the same. Verizon nor lg was no help. Everything on this phone works well, using the call feature a lot for 2 days. I did not jear any static, popping or crackle in the background. In quiet passages, tjere is a very faint noise. I don't know if anybody else's phone got fixed. Thanks again

0 Likes
tribaljedi
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have confirmed this setting has not fixed my problem.  I have not noticed any difference in battery life though.  I have also not heard back from Verizon yet.

0 Likes
FLBigdawg
Enthusiast - Level 1

Just add me to the list of the very disappointed LG G2 owners.  First I am disappointed that a phone with this level of technology can't even place a reasonable phone call.  Secondly, I am more disappointed at the lack of response by Verizon Wireless.  If I wasn't tied into my contract with the tablet, I would leave this service right now.  It is  unfortunate that the LG G2 has such phone problems since all of the other functions have operated flawlessly.   I am experencing the same unexplained "noise" on the line.  I tried the "work-a-round".  I wouldn't call it a fix.  Unfortunately it didn't completely resolve the issue.  If Verizon or LG would acknoledge the problem and a possible solution, I would risk keeping the phone.  Now a new decision, Droid Maxx or Note 3.  Decisions.  Decisions.

jjmmhh
Contributor - Level 1

I'm glad the "fix" worked for you. Let us know if the issue recurs.

0 Likes
jjmmhh
Contributor - Level 1

Well, crud.

<biting my tongue on a half a dozen snarky remarks I want to make about tech support following the lead of the execs... >

0 Likes
bills742
Enthusiast - Level 2

Haha, (discussion of moderation removed) which fixes the issue! There is a new modem which eliminates the noises completely. Google search for "flashable modem zips g2" and you'll find the link. And if you're not comfortable with the method required, be patient since a definite fix is available and theoretically should be pushed to all devices.

Comment edited as required by the Terms of Service.

Message was edited by: Admin Moderator

Re: Issues with static, crackles, pops, and squeals during   calls
Rpfarrah
Enthusiast - Level 2

I WONDERED what happened to it!  I can confirm as well that it does fix the issue. FWIW, the 12B modem worked great for me.  Didn't try 12A.

0 Likes