Re: Issues with static, crackles, pops, and squeals during calls
aqsan18

I did contact LG, but they want me to send the phone to them for repairs, about 5 to 7 days. I can't afford not to have a phone for that long. I read somewhere that they did that and it did not get fixed. In the meantime, when I call, I use talkatone with google voice. Very clear that way. Hopefully a fix will be found  without sending our phones away

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Sorry about that memillh. The LG G2 is one of our most advanced and reliable devices. I absolutely love mine and haven't had a single problem with it. If you are having difficulties in more than one area and it is past 14 days from your original purchase, a hard reset is our best recommendation before determining if the device needs to be replaced under warranty. http://tiny.cc/2yy76w

JonathanK_VZW
VZW Support
Follow Us on Twitter@VZWSupport

0 Likes
WhiteyBear
Enthusiast - Level 2

Really?  That's your answer Verizon?  Do you really not read the posts at all?

New handset, some of us have been through MULTIPLE handsets, new SIMs, and some of us have been through MULTIPLE SIMS.  And your recommendation is a hard reset?  As if this wasn't part of it?

PLEASE READ THE COMMENTS SECTION IN FULL BEFORE GIVING ADVICE!!!

memillh
Enthusiast - Level 2

JonathanK_VZW, I'm assuming you haven't read any of the issues we're having in here (including my specific post history), just like the other reps who jump in and out with the same suggestions. I'm so far beyond a hard reset at this point, the suggestion is comical. If you've read any of my history here, you'd notice that LG has now replaced my receiver and speaker, with no improvement. As a last chance effort, I've now shipped my phone back to LG for a SECOND TIME, to see if there's anything else they can do. I'm now without my phone for another 7+ days, since I have to ship it down there. Not only is it frustrating to have you (Verizon) asking me if I've tried to "hard reset" the phone.. I've now had to pay for Fedex insured shipping TWICE, to send it off to LG, per the last Verizon rep's suggestion, since Verizon won't handle the warranty replacement. Please understand my frustration here. All I wanted was to purchase a phone that works. All I've received is a device with an apparent bug, the runaround from online and call center care, and shipping fees for repairs... just to be able to use the phone function in my phone, on your network. The most frustrating thing about this is.. another rep will surely jump in with the same suggestion (or it'll be the SIM card replacement suggestion again) within the next few days.

And yes.. I've hard reset the device many times. And LG has hard reset the device.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi WhiteyBear,

I am sorry for the miscommunication. I am here to help out. I am now following you. Please follow me and send me a direct message (Bobbys_VZW) with your name, number and billing password. I would like to review your account and get this resolved.

Thanks, BobbyS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
jjmmhh
Contributor - Level 1

BobbyS from Verizon,

You still have not followed up on the replies to your last post in this thread (#66). None of the rest of the Verizon techs in the thread have followed up, either. We, your customers, are still waiting on the replies to the following Verizon 'Support' posts, in this *one* topic, to be addressed:

LasinaH #17,77,78,85

JonathanK #31,101

MichelleL #36

LenaA #47

MatthewS #52

BobbyS #66,104

0 Likes
bills742
Enthusiast - Level 2

Potential Fix!!! This is courtesy of Live Rider from the Android Central Forum:

"from your dial pad type this in ##PROGRAM980 then press Send or Call. It will ask for a service key, the code is 000000 and after you type it in a menu will pop up, select FIELD TESTS, THEN SCROLL DOWN TO VOICE SO. I chose 13 QCELP and its crystal clear, but it can vary depending where you live, TRY ALL 3 before you stop. YOU MUST POWER CYCLE DEVICE AFTER SELECTION EACH TIME. As stated the 13QCELP is so clear for me its like a new phone. DO NOT SELECT WILD CARD WHICH IS DEFAULT."

Thanks Live Rider!

0 Likes
WhiteyBear
Enthusiast - Level 2

Direct message has been sent to you Bobby, awaiting your reply.

tribaljedi
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have tried this and it might be a tiny bit better with 13QCLEP but it is far from crystal clear.

0 Likes
aqsan18

Thanks for the post. I tried it and programmed all the selections using 13 QCELP for all the 3 options. It eliminated all the noises when talking on the phone on my LG G2. It seems to work here in Maryland. Of course, I have just used it a few times calling a landline and a cell phone, the cell phone being with Verizon also. I hope this works for all of us.

0 Likes