porting from tmobile issues
death_2_u
Enthusiast - Level 2

I recently had my number ported from Tmobile to a new Verizon phone.  I can send texts from the new phone but still am receiving on my old one.  How is this possible and what can be done to rectify it? I will not carry two phones around....

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: porting from tmobile issues
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Welcome to the VZW family death.2.u! We would love to help you with your device today. Do you recall how long ago your number was ported? Often times it can take up to 48 hours for the full port to be completed. If you're still receiving messages/calls to your T-Mobile device, you would need to reach out directly to them to verify if the line is disconnected. Please keep us posted if we can provide any additional assistance, thanks!

MatthewS_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSUPPORT

0 Likes
SaraBellaxo
Enthusiast - Level 1

i am having the same issue tried calling Verizon twice and it ended my call. Smiley Sad i tried to port my number yesterday i can make calls and text but cant receive texts i call a voice mail that i never new about that i just recently found out and i need to give them my old tmobile account pin. But it would not send me to talk to someone who is actually not a voice computer. very frustrated. i just wanna be able to receive calls. Smiley Sad

SaraBellaxo
Enthusiast - Level 1

never mind got help.

0 Likes
death_2_u
Enthusiast - Level 2

The number was porter almost a month ago now.  The previous T-Mobile account was prepaid as is this one and should now be deactivated as I haven't put any new funds into the account. Still no incoming texts though except from Verizon account holders.  My wife has a Bell Mobility phone and I can't even receive texts from her! This is important as I have no way to contact her when I'm away otherwise

0 Likes
death_2_u
Enthusiast - Level 2
0 Likes