Re: is there Galaxy s4 OTA firmware update for overheating fix?
jdmac44
Enthusiast - Level 1

Sorry to hear it!  Other than it getting warm when I use the GPS for extended periods, mine's been great!  Going on three months now.  Sounds like you've gotten a couple of duds!

0 Likes
jazzykay
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have had two replaced, it definitely gets hot

0 Likes
skywayman
Enthusiast - Level 3

Try this, it may help:

https://community.verizonwireless.com/thread/806827

The phone switching between services seems to heat up the device.

0 Likes
Liseey02
Enthusiast - Level 3

Overheating definitely seems to be an issue with these phones.

I had a screen crack to the LED without any crack to the outer layer of glass. When I took the phone to an independent repair shop the service technician suspected the crack was caused by overheating (since there was no sign of physical damage). Overheating can cause thermal expansion and the cooling and compression of the materials can result in cracking. I really hope this doesn't happen to your phone!!

0 Likes
csnj80
Enthusiast - Level 3

I've been noticing the same think lately.  If I have my phone in my pocket at work and in part of the building with little or no signal for a few hours, the back of the phone gets to be hot.

0 Likes
budone
Legend

It will get hot as it is looking for a signal. You may want to turn off the device if you are going to leave it in your pocket, or get a holster to hold the device. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

No need to worry csnj80! This actually would be a common occurance with your device. While in a low coverage area, your device will be constantly searching for signal. In relation the the battery becoming warm, this would be similar to having an active conversation for a long period of time. Please keep us posted if we can be of any additional assistance in the future, thanks!

MatthewS_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSUPPORT

0 Likes