Re: Unable to send MMS when connected to Wifi
hoppjosh
Enthusiast - Level 2

I finally spent some time and talk to a Verizon support representative about my issue via Live Chat.  The rep who I spoke with concerning my phone asked me a few questions and then asked me to turn off my device so that she could "refresh the network settings."  After turning my device back on I was able to send MMS messages without turning Wi-Fi off.  I am not sure if this is a permanent fix but it at least resolved the issue for now.

I had to wait to do this on my wife's phone until later in the day.  I went back onto the Live Chat and the woman I spoke with at that time was very rude and wanted to troubleshoot this phone after I had told her that it was the same issue as my device and that the rep I had spoke to said she had made notes on my line as to what resolved it the issue.  All she had to do was follow that information.  She persisted in troubleshooting this phone ultimately telling me I was wrong and flat out lying to me.  Instead of taking 5 minutes and simply taking the same actions on this second device, she drag me through 30 minutes of troubleshooting, but after the fourth time I told her to simply "refresh the network settings" on this phone she finally did so and it resolved the issue as well.  So if you have this issue, I wish you good luck on getting a competent rep who knows what they are doing.

SusanaM

I'm having the exact same issue. My Wifi and mobile data are both turned on. When trying to send or receive an MMS, the 4G symbol will show up for a few seconds while trying to send the MMS, but ultimately fails each time. In order to send or receive the MMS I have to manually turn off the Wifi and re-send the message. Very irritating.

0 Likes
Rogena
Enthusiast - Level 2

After much research, and many test pictures sent, I believe my issue is because of text being included... the text included was because I had a signature set up. I turned off 'signature' and it has been working since.... hope this helps others.

0 Likes
fishgodzwife

I was experiencing the same problem. All of a sudden, I was unable to send MMS. I turned off Wi-Fi and then was able to. However, felt I shouldn't have to use a backdoor solution to something that previously worked. I popped the back cover off, removed the battery for approx. 30 seconds, replaced battery & cover, powered back on. Voila! It now works.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

SusanaM, we want the process of sending a text messaging to be easy breezy for you. Are you using a text messaging application that you downloaded? Which device do you have? When sending picture message, you will need to be connected to our network. However, MMS messages should send with no issue on WiFi.

LasinaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport.

0 Likes
Jessyka3044

>> Duplicate post removed to comply with Verizon Wireless Terms of Service.  See <<

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
sophiahawaii
Enthusiast - Level 1

Agree - I can't send picture messages when I'm using my internet service provider or anyone else's.  Have to shut off wifi and send via cellular network.  This is a pain, but at least it works and only counts as text message.  What bugs me is that the community of users had to figure it out.  Any of the replies by Verizon customer support were clueless.  Not a confidence builder in Verizon customer support.  As always, the best customer support is a general shout out.  Thanks to tikibar and all others for help.

ekanasty

New Fix to sending MMS while connected to WiFi...

Verizon just released an upgrade to the Android operating system that fixes this issue(12/19/12).  Go to settings, scroll to bottom "About phone" upgrade software to Android 4.3.  This fixed the issue on my S3.

Verizon tech support was clueless when I contacted them about this.  Their solution was to download a 3rd party messaging app and always send pics using just data.  They said this issue was normal for Samsung phones.  Nice customer service.

0 Likes
droidmaniac29
Contributor - Level 1

I have a moto x and cannot send or receive mms messages while my wifi and lte is turned on, but when I turn off my wifi I can get my messages.  I don't understand why that would prevent me from receiving it?  My girlfriend has a phone on verizon that does not have a data plan and is able to send and receive mms with no issues.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

droidmaniac,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I am sorry to hear that you are having trouble with sending MMS messages. Do you get an error message when trying to send? Since MMS need to be sent using partial data over the air, it can not work with wi-fi. However if you have LTE on as well, it should do an autoswitch to send the message and then go back to wi-fi. Please fill us in on any error message so we can figure out what is happening.

Thank you,

TonyG_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes