Cannot receive calls
MAC508

I have a Razr HD for over a year - everything has been fine.  All of a sudden I cannot receive calls.  When I call the phone I hear a siren type noise.  There is no ringing or connection to voicemail, just a pulsating siren sound.  Any suggestions?  Thanks

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Cannot receive calls
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for doing all that you have done so far, MAC508. There is one last thing I want you to check, can you dial *73. That will disable call forwarding (just in case you inadvertently activated it).
Try that & let me know how it works.

TamaraH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

What have you tried in the effort to correct the problem? Reboot the phone? Turn off the phone and remove the SIM card for a few minutes? Then reinsert the SIM card and reboot the phone.

Are you in the same area where it worked before? Is it just your phone? Do other people near have working phones? Is your bill current and paid for?

Is the phone giving you an kind of error message? What does it say you are connecting to in the About Phone > Signal section of the phone settings?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
MAC508

Same area, bill paid, no error message, my work blackberry works. I can

call out but not receive. I have tired a soft boot but did not take out

the SIM card. I cannot find a "signal section".

0 Likes
MAC508

Taking the SIM card out didn't work either. Smiley Sad

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

It would be under the Settings > About Phone > signal or network information. Each phone manufacturer likes to name it slightly differently from each other.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
MAC508

Could it be network type and strength: 1X - 84dBm 4G - 98dBm Is that it?

0 Likes
MAC508

I can call out but not receive.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for doing all that you have done so far, MAC508. There is one last thing I want you to check, can you dial *73. That will disable call forwarding (just in case you inadvertently activated it).
Try that & let me know how it works.

TamaraH_VZW

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

MAC508, thanks for these details. Let's help your device find a cellular signal. Have you tried briefly removing the sim card from your device and powering it off/on? For the steps on how to do this, click http://bit.ly/y5iuoj

LasinaH_VZW

0 Likes
MAC508

That is it - the *73 worked......Thank you so much....three days with no

phone - yikes!

On Tue, Nov 19, 2013 at 1:22 PM, Verizon Wireless Customer Support <

0 Likes