Re: Getting Rid Of Unwanted Apps
Phanasi

I'm with you!  TOO many useless apps!  No way to get rid of them without voiding the warranty.  I get that.  BUT - is there a way to "hide" them anywhere?

0 Likes
jmccoy70
Contributor - Level 2

I'm thinking you could probably stuff them in the Trash can at the bottom of the page.  They would still be installed byt you wouldn't see them on the Page.  Probably need some research on policy though.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
I have stuffed several of the apps/widgets in the trash that I don't use (twitter, facebook, Amazon mp3, visual voice mail, htc stocks, weather clock), but they are STILL in the applications list and using internal phone storage. Storage that I could use for other applications.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
bearx16
Contributor - Level 1

"I don't know why that would be puzzling.  A true professional tows the party line."

devious,

I hope that was said with "tongue in cheek" as I have other descriptive terms for those that "toes the party line"

I see in another thread that 2.2 is just a few weeks away for the Ally.  I still ain't holding my breath on that one.:smileymad:

For me, my sense of smell of LG has started making my nose detect some unpleasant odors.

0 Likes
JoeSmith
Enthusiast - Level 3

Phanasi wrote:

I'm with you!  TOO many useless apps!  No way to get rid of them without voiding the warranty.  I get that.  BUT - is there a way to "hide" them anywhere?

Yes, go to Market, and do a search on "hide app".

0 Likes
max3000in99

Have not found a way to remove them from your phone but there is an app called "Launcher" that has the option to hide the app icons from your menu.

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

Phanasi wrote:

If you are using Launcher Pro it gives you the option to hide unwanted apps from the app tray.  Goto desktop/Left Menu Button. Prefrences/General Settings/Hidden Apps.

0 Likes
Justwondrin

Warranty is already up. How do I get rid of NFL pro and other unwanted apps?

0 Likes