Re: Car charger doesn't charge phone after 4.3 update
romann916
Enthusiast - Level 1

100% Agree with you abean, I paid for a "working" charger and thats why i went with VERIZON official charger but if they cant sell something that works then a refund is definitely needed so I can get a proper one.

0 Likes
abean
Contributor - Level 1

I think the reps on here may not be providing accurate information at this time. Check out my latest update over here: https://community.verizonwireless.com/message/1016768#1016768

Spent some time chatting with VZW again tonight and got a little bit further this time.

- They are now confirming that there are known issues

- They are supposedly working with Samsung at this time as the issues belong to them and they have to fix

- They have indeed shut off all new updates on the S4

- Unknown to if it's confirmed that you have to use Samsung OEM chargers on 4.3

- No ETA as of now to when we can expect any sort of a fix

Well, at least if you get a refurb like we did, you should be able to hang out on 4.2.2 until they get this cluster figured out.

0 Likes
ph0tic
Enthusiast - Level 3

This is complete BS.

Pugz82
Enthusiast - Level 1

Is this planning to ever be fixed?  I can't charge my phone at all in my car anymore.

pal1221
Enthusiast - Level 2

What i think we should do is ask for a service credit for how ever long it takes them to patch the software. Why pay them for a device that doesnt function the way it should.

schtefan
Contributor - Level 1

When will there be a fix for this?  The blog out there are already calling for immediate action from Verizon..this is going viral. I know the company I work for is seeking legal action.  what is the response from Verizon?  Oh BTW. a hard reset is not an option..unless Verizon is willing to pay millions in compensation for wasting users valuable time.

0 Likes
Hazel_Eyes_4_U
Contributor - Level 2

Are they saying that the car chargers from the Verizon store won't work?

0 Likes
Car charger doesn't charge phone after 4.3 update
leelalynn
Enthusiast - Level 1

Just got the new software update, should fix this issue!!

0 Likes
ikepete

This issue needs fixed. I don't need to reset my phone I need Verizon/samsung not to screw us over.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi ikepete,

Just to clarify, doing a software update shouldn't erase/reset your phone to factory settings. It's to help fix any problems like the one you mentioned. We still recommend backing up your information like contacts, pictures, etc somewhere else to be on the safe side, regardless of whether you do a software update.

ElizabethE_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes