Re: Droid DNA Bluetooth Connection Problems
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for the additional information Karen2525.  Since multiple hard resets have been done we'd have to discuss replacement options next.  Like John mentioned we have the ability to replace your device with a Certified Like New Replacement DNA as long as you are under the manufactures warranty and there is no water or physical damage.

Please follow me and dm me you mobile information and billing system password so I can reach out to you to place the replacement order.

I look forward to your reply.

NicholasB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport.

0 Likes
Karen2525

NicholasB_VZW,

Thank you for your assistance however I have had my local Verizon store order a "like new" replacement phone. I hope this phone corrects the problem as it is very frustrating not to be able to make calls or text when in "extended network" even thought I have 3g/3bars showing while others in my party can get out but not me.

Very frustrating, I regret making the jump to Verizon as I am paying a much higher monthly rate with bad cell service similar to what I had with Sprint but paid significantly less per month.

This experience has left such a bad taste, I have even considered paying the $700 cancellation fee to go to another carrier.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Karen i was reading through your post you said you had a Plantronics Headset what model was it you Purchased..

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Karen2525,

I am sorry to see that you have experienced some service issues while in extended areas. I trust that your replacement device will resolve all issues. Keep us posted.

AntonioC_VZWSupport
Follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/VZWSupport

0 Likes
Karen2525
0 Likes
JAB2728
Enthusiast - Level 1

I activated my Droid DNA (refurbished) this past Monday (10/21/13) and am having the same issue with 2013 Toyota.  Earlier posts suggest Verizon was going to fix this problem, but 10 months later, this is obviously not the case.

Paried my Droid Incredible 4G with the car and it worked perfectly.  However, with the DNA, the songs will show they're playing but I can't hear anything.  When I plug the DNA into my USB outlet, weird sounds come out (like IM sounds) even though my phone says it's playing an actual song.  I was quite excited to finally have a Bluetooth enabled car but I guess I didn't account for Verizon selling me an inferior phone.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi JAB2728,

I am sad to hear you are still having problems! I would love to look into your account for more options. I am now following you. Please follow me (BobbyS_VZW) and send me a direct message with your name, number and billing password. I am sure we can resolve this for you.

Thanks, BobbyS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
bountybob

I personally think it's the phone.  This is the 4th replacement phone (3 new from Amazon and 1 refurbished from Verizon) and something has gone faulty with all of them.  The bluetooth audio used to work great!  I really enjoyed listening to it on my long commutes as well.  But no matter how many time I sync, pair, or power cycle.  It won't stay connected.  The bluetooth on the phone keeps wigging out.  Sometimes it's just phone audio, then just media audio, or just disconnects.  It won't even register anymore on my car stereo.  It says "unknown".

I had my son in the car and I had paired both of our phones to my stereo.  When I hit play from his phone it played his music.  When I hit play from my HTC Droid DNA it would play my music.  The audio from my games would play (via bluetooth), movies audio, you name it.  It "used" to play just fine

Now I get 1-2 seconds if I'm lucky.  Then about 5 minutes of dead air.  Then another 1-2 seconds of the audio.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I can see how important this functionality is to you, bountybob! It certainly can be very useful. Have you ever tested the device in Safe Mode? http://vz.to/1db3qYX

YosefT_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes