Re: Major Issues with Windows Phone 8x (resets, inconsistent battery, powers off)
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Chris503, it sounds like you have a lot going on with your device. Thanks for the details. Have you downloaded a few 3rd party applications to your device? Some application software can affect the performance of your device. I recommend that you uninstall a few applications and power your device off/on to soft reset it. Keep us posted.

LasinaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Re: Major Issues with Windows Phone 8x (resets, inconsistent battery, powers off)
sdjaffe

I have been noticing strange things happening with my HTC 8X phone recently as well.  For example whenever I charge the phone in my car or at home the phone continually vibrates or chimes (if the volume is on).  Then last night I shut the phone down since I was getting tired of hearing the vibration noise.  When I turned it back on all I saw was the black screen with white lightning bolt and gear icons on the screen.  I then restarted the phone and it rebooted ok.  I'm worried this will keep on progressively get worse until it dies. 

This is my second Windows 8 HTC 8X phone this year...the first one froze up for good during a system upgrade.  Obviously there are some major hardware and operating system issues here which still need to be resolved.  I thought going Windows would make a lot of sense after being on Blackberry for all these years.  Now I think I should have gone Android!  Problem is I still have over a year until I can replace this thing. Ugh!

0 Likes
seacreature
Enthusiast - Level 1

My phone is powering off as well since the update. Also experiencing the "no sim" issue and "can't send text msg" issue. Usually more than one of these is happening each day.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi seacreature - Let's get you phone back to its glory days! Was the SIM and text concerns occuring before the update? Have you tried removing and reseating the SIM? Does the device restart when using a certainly app or process? I am eager to get this resolved once and for all!

Thank you,

YaleK_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWsupport

PhillyD

I am also experiencing all of these problems.  Has anyone found a fix or a recall or something?

0 Likes
hookem10

I am experiencing the same problems. This phone is incredibly unreliable. It's unfortunate because I'm a big fan of the WP8 experience, but the defects make this terrible. Got my phone in December 2012, don't see any end to problems in sight. For the SIM card issue, contact HTC and get them to send you a new SIM card holder. That fixed the problem for me for at least a few months. But really, with the can't send text issue, I have no idea what to do.

0 Likes
seacreature
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hi Yalek,

Thanks for chiming in to help. I really to appreciate verizon's and htc's efforts to remedy these issues. I received a second 8X about six months ago. Verizon has already offered to provide the nokia windows phone as a replacement but don't really care for the look and size of the nokia. I like the 8X and want it to work! Hopefully the new software update alleviates some of these issues.

0 Likes
Verizoneedhelp

I understand your problems.  I have a Windows 8 HTC purchased January 2013.  My phone has done some strange things over the past few months including displaying that it cannot find the SIM card.

But today it will not turn on at all!  I charged last night as usual. It worked fine this morning but within about a few hours it had powered down.  It won't even take a charge.  I have read about removing the battery to see if that helps but - How do you remove the battery on a Windows 8 phone?!!

I need help!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We're here for you, Verizoneedhelp!
Can attempt this step to see if your power comes back http://support.verizonwireless.com/support/devices/knowledge_base.html/66228/

Do you happen to have a spare charger to see if it charges when using that one instead?

TamaraH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
kclaar

I have looked through these forums and realized that I went through pretty much every problem to ever hit this phone. My first problem came when my phone just randomly went in to a "bootloop" and it took me forver to fix. I have had the problem with the constant sim card invalid message; I have the constant "try again" problem with texts, and now I have it where it is freezing when I try to reply and then booting me to the main screen without sending. I also went through a point where it constantly rebooted. I have tried multiple hard resets and soft resets; they do not help. I don't think they have done anything to fix any of these problems; I hope they help you out

0 Likes