Re: Home Fusion dropping my internet connection multiple times a day. Any solution in sight?
AmishParadise

Verizon should offer these Home Fusion data plans to those of us who already own a Verizon mobile broadband card.  I use a small Cradlepoint Mobile Broadband Router the size of a deck of playing cards in conjunction with a Verizon mobile broadband card, the mobile broadband router configured as a gateway only which in turn feeds the WAN (Internet) port of my Netgear router used for the house. (Click here to view a similar post where I provide links to the specific hardware used.)  No need for an external antenna, no Verizon software/hardware involved aside from their mobile broadband card and best of all, I maintain a "true" 24/7 4G connection and have for years now since the tower I hit off of was upgraded.

Sadly the highest data plan for Verizon's mobile broadband cards is $80/month for 10GB, another $10/month for each portion of 1GB over that.  On a family share plan there are larger data plans offered, but they are far more expensive than the $120/month 30GB plan offered by this Home Fusion product and when I had my mobile broadband card used for the house on my family share plan after having first changed over to the plan my stated usage by Verizon was going through the roof, all ghost data that wasn't actually taking place.  After several frustrating months and wasted hours on the phone with Verizon I opened a second Verizon account just for my mobile broadband card and my data usage went right back down day to day where it should be and hasn't been an issue since.  That being said, for those of you looking for alternatives I thought I'd chime in and here's to hoping that Verizon one day will provide better data plans for their mobile broadband cards to at least those of us they can confirm are not eligible for Verizon's other "home" Internet service offerings based on our home billing address.

0 Likes
Re: Home Fusion dropping my internet connection multiple times a day. Any solution in sight?
Wagonball

Reset to default settings did not work.  What next?

Sent from my iPad

Will

Private info removed as required by the Terms of Service.

Message was edited by: Admin Moderator

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Please don't post your personal info on the Forum, b33

0 Likes
tammyg1969

I have the same problem and I am at 36091 and can see the tower from my window.

0 Likes
SanDen

Same thing.  So frustrating!!!  And how they measure the data use is criminal I think..    We have to reboot four of five times a day, and we are at work at least ten hours day.  Only home early mornings and in the evenings and on weekends.  Rarely stream movies, that is too costly, only You Tube and a few videos on Facebook and we still have a hard time staying in the data cap!!  We are in our late 50s and we never play games.  I play games on my Verizon smart phone and I never go over my 2GB limit...  I don't get it.

0 Likes
SanDen

I agree.  Wish we could charge back for all the time we waste each day on trying to resolve this problem, or even getting to use the service we are paying so dearly for.  I have short windows of opportunities that I can surf the web and it is so frustrating to first have to reset the system before I can log in and then it shuts down before I can finish my sessions. Love it when it is working correctly....  Like living in a dysfunctional family, lol.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi SanDen!

Let's explore options to ease the frustration! I am sorry to see that you have to constantly reboot your device. I recommend resetting the router to factory settings,http://vz.to/19UZPxA as well as the Cantenna, http://vz.to/18KtyCB and test. These may reduce or eliminate the rebooting outlined in your post. Keep us posted.

AntonioC_VZW
Follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/VZWSupport

0 Likes
homefussionissues

As a follow on to the original question, and to give added support:

My experience with dropped connections has been similar to others and based on the discussion, is undeniably a systemic issue.

I am sceptical that this is an equipment issue.

The network engineers at Verizon must take ownership of this issue and resolve it. What ever it takes.

I want to know if the homefussion service gets priority to maintain connection during peak usage times and congestion on the tower.

I want to know if there has been any provision made to reconnect the service if the the connection is lost. (routines executed both from the network and the HBA).

I use the service to remotely monitor security systems at a lake property. If the service is not always up, it is not effective for my purpose.

0 Likes
FloydFan

I have had HomeFusion since Dec 2012. It has worked very well until recently. Starting about 3 weeks ago it began dropping the internet every couple of days. Now it drops at least once per day. I have been on the phone with the technicians multiple times. They are very helpful, but I am getting tired of calling them every day. Sometimes it helps to power down the cantenna for 10 minutes; sometimes it doesn't. This is getting annoying. I work from home from time to time, so I must have reliable internet service.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Let's explore options to maintain a constant connection FloydFan! Working from home should be an enjoyable time. Try resetting your router to factory settings,http://vz.to/19UZPxA as well as the Cantenna, http://vz.to/18KtyCB and test. Keep us posted.

AntonioC_VZW
Follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/VZWSupport

0 Likes