Re: LG Cosmos 2 - Remove Backup Assistant?
analog_guru
Enthusiast - Level 2
"Spawn of Satan Scoop" really cracked me up     I got rid of that by complaining very loudly to  "support", who, I must say, were quite polite, but I'm old and rich and sue         posted the cure for Backup Assistant, *73738# (*reset#)  And you can restart it as needed.  I think I'll stick to a USB link.  Clearly all these cellphone providers profit most by satisfying the kiddies and their text crap.   I wonder what they'll do after the depression
0 Likes
rafjr

This does work 73738# (reset#) but you need a code to reactivate it that you will be given.

Date: Sun, 5 Aug 2012 13:26:33 -0600

To: rafjr13@hotmail.com

Subject: - Re: LG Cosmos 2 - Remove Backup Assistant?

created by dustfairy in Basic Phones - View the full discussion

I just got my Cosmos 2 and I don't like it either Smiley Sad There aren't many basic phones to choose from anymore. I definately don't want or need a data plan but i think they(VZ) are trying to Phase out those of us that don't . The big money is to made from people that have their social life in their phone. I don't like that I have to press the ok button twice to get to the menu,the camera edit options are crappy and I HATE all of the ads that run all of the time:(

Reply to this message by replying to this email -or- go to the message on Verizon Wireless Community

Start a new discussion in Basic Phones by email or at Verizon Wireless Community

© 2011 Verizon Wireless

Verizon Wireless | One Verizon Way | Mail Code: 180WVB | Basking Ridge, NJ 07920

We respect your privacy. Please review our privacy policy for more information.

Not interested in these emails anymore, or want to change how often they come? Update your email preferences.

0 Likes
dlmcmurr
Enthusiast - Level 1

Jazzy0213, just like you I had an LG VX8300 that had more features than this Cosmos 2. I used it for at least 4 years. Funny thing is the Backup Assistant worked great. Mine ran every morning at about 0515 for just a couple of seconds. I didn't have to wake the phone up, wait on it to finish, press end, then have the phone ready to make the call I picked it up to use. And the battery lasted a lot longer. We're definitely taking multiple steps backward.

0 Likes
jazzy0213
Enthusiast - Level 3

There are over 20 Post on this subject.  I hope you continued reading and have found it.

*RESET#

When you are in back up assistant, this works with most phones.

go to options

type that in

okay or exit

exit out of backup assistant

give it 24 hours see if it pops up.

if not

it worked.

to reactivate when you want to use it,

just reinstall it or go to apps and boot it up.

0 Likes
jazzy0213
Enthusiast - Level 3

OPTIONS - ABOUT

then reset

0 Likes