Focus issues with HTC One camera
detours

I'm having a lot of trouble getting the camera to focus. 

Autofocus, 'tap to focus' and 'touch to capture' all work pretty well within 10 or 15 feet.  But from about 20 feet to infinity, the picture is consistently blurry in Normal scene mode.  I can hear the lens focusing and see the picture focusing ... but just when the image is about to clear up, it stops focusing, leaving a blurry picture. Pointing the phone at a different spot to refocus doesn't help.  Neither does tapping the screen to select the focus.

This occurs in all Scene Modes, but normal and night mode (for night shots) are worse than HDR.  Landscape mode is ok for distant shots, but that's blurry at normal distances. 

Anyone else experience this? 

0 Likes
Re: Focus issues with HTC One camera
Klue
Master - Level 1

Sound like a defective camera.  If you are within yur 14 days return cycle, get it replaced.  Others, (a few) on other forums have this problem and it was corrected by a replacement.

0 Likes
detours

I opened a support ticket with HTC, but that went nowhere.  The tech never even acknowledged my issue. His response was a non-answer about how 'In some instances, we may be able to deploy a software update to address an issue. We recommend you regularly check your device for updates and download them when available.'  He didn't even recommend to take it in for repair or replacement under warranty. 

Whatever. Anyway, I got a new HTC One over the weekend, and the camera works great. Of course, my original one started out fine too ... hope this one stays that way. 

0 Likes
detours

I opened a support ticket with HTC, but that went nowhere.  The tech never even acknowledged my issue. His response was a non-answer about how 'In some instances, we may be able to deploy a software update to address an issue. We recommend you regularly check your device for updates and download them when available.'  He didn't even recommend to take it in for repair or replacement under warranty.

Whatever. Anyway, I got a new HTC One over the weekend, and the camera works great. Of course, my original one started out fine too ... hope this one stays that way.

0 Likes
mranthrope

I bought a new HTC one about 8 weeks ago, the day after it was released for VZW. My camera would not focus - ALL pictures blurry. Any movement, even a dog walking in the background, was a big blur. I went to the local VZW store and they had a refurb sent out and it has the same problem. You can see on the screen the camera is unable to focus - if someone is waving prior to taking a picture the hand is blurred on the screen. Called VZW MULTIPLE times and no resolution to the issue and unwilling to help.

Called HTC and they acknowledged the issue was a known problem. Their solution - download a third party app. Didn't work.

What a drag. Trying to sell my HTC One now and buy myself out of remaining contract.

0 Likes
BuckarooBanzai

Same issue here. Phone takes pretty good pics indoors, under optimal lighting, but outside and/or low light and it's awful. Outdoor pics, especially those of any distance, look as though they are focused on only part of the scene. The zoom makes it 100 times worse so I have to consciously avoid using that "feature" at all costs. I've had the phone for over a month now so I've already taken hundreds of these crappy shots. On the upside, I got the blue model form Best Buy for only $49.00. Yay! Bleh.

0 Likes