How to move photos to laptop
Dave_g
Enthusiast - Level 3

How do I move the photos on my wife's and my Gusto 2 phones to a laptop?

USB is my first choice.   What is required?  I have a cable from a MiFi hotspot jetpack.  Should that work?

I tried Bluetooth, but Windows 7 (64 bit) control panel > Network & internet > Network Connections reports: "Not connected" even after I have successfully established a pair.  BitPim is not able to connect.  What do I do to get connected?

Thanks,

Dave

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Likes
Re: How to move photos to laptop
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello to you Dave.g!

Making sure your precious memories are safe and sound on a computer is absolutely important! In order for a basic device to be able to connect with a USB cable to a computer and transfer files, it has to have a memory card. Unfortunately I don't see the Gusto 2 supports a memory card slot.

Instead I would recommend sending the pictures via email instead! This will go against your current messaging package and if you don't have one it will be $.25 a message. You can add the email address of choice as a contact with these steps: http://vz.to/H2yEUq

Thanks!

MelissaM_VZW
Please follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Dave_g
Enthusiast - Level 3

Melissa,

Thanks for the help.  However, trying to move a couple dozen files by email will get expensive.

Can Bluetooth be used to transfer data?

Thanks,

Dave

0 Likes
Not applicable

Dave.g wrote:

Melissa,

Thanks for the help.  However, trying to move a couple dozen files by email will get expensive.

Can Bluetooth be used to transfer data?

Thanks,

Dave

Dave bluetooth in many cases does not work, or is really slow. In the old days of clam shell basic phones you could send via email or you could even send to Verizons Pix Place to retrieve from verizons web site.

I am not familiar with your brand of phone but a usb cable hooked to a computer may work. However check your owners manual to see how to transfer photos.

Good Luck

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

It is absolutely my pleasure Dave.g,

As our friend here Elector mentioned Bluetooth isn't compatible for file transfers for your device. I realize that $.25 a picture may sound steep but we can always temporarily add a messaging package to the line of service. We have a $10 package for 1000 messages which should be sufficient to transfer! We can then remove the package for the following month if you don't need it.

Thanks!

MelissaM_VZW
Please follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
keilerman

Could you give me instructions on how to download photos from a LG Cosmos?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We're here, keilerman!
Where are you trying to download the pictures to?
We have a few options for you at www.vzw.com/support
I've already gone there for you http://vz.to/16OHPnt

TamaraH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes