What is "mm-qcamera-daemon" and why is my battery draining so fast?
KLRSKIR
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have had the device for just over a week and all was well. Suddenly yesterday, mm-qcamera-daemon has become a serious battery drainer (up to 60%).

I have searched the web including the XDA Developers site and some have reported that unstalling the Yahoo Messenger Video/Voice Plugin solved their problem. I have done this and the issue persists. I have even uninstalled the apps I installed around the time this became an issue to no avail.

Does anyone have any insight on how to resolve this major battery drainer?

Thanks in advance!

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: "mm-qcamera-daemon" Major Battery Drainage
KLRSKIR
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thanks very much for your reply. The issue did in fact stem from the Yahoo plug-in associated with Yahoo Messenger.

After several hours the process was gone and the battery usage was back to normal.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

KLRSKIR, let's save the battery life on your device. Have you downloaded any 3rd party applications that utilize the camera feature on your device? Some application software can affect the performance of your device. I recommend that you uninstall applications that access your camera feature. Keep us posted.

LasinaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
KLRSKIR
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thanks very much for your reply. The issue did in fact stem from the Yahoo plug-in associated with Yahoo Messenger.

After several hours the process was gone and the battery usage was back to normal.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi KLRSKIR,

Thanks for the update! Glad it all worked out. Keep us posted if you need anything else.

Thanks, BobbyS_VZW

0 Likes
haber97

Has the problem returned?. I have the same issue and I have uninstalled the plugin and all 3rd party apps.   The problem clears up after I clear the cache and rebbot only to reappear at some point.  Interestingly enough I have the problem after extended periods of inactivity such as ovenight charging without opening any app!!

0 Likes
I-R-V

I don't even have Yahoo Messanger on my phone and if I do, cannot locate it anywhere, this is very frustrating.  How do you locate and uninstall?  Install a 3rd party to uninstall, that sounds ridiculous, why can't you remove files from an OS without the addition of applications?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@I-R-V,

Let's send out the search party and find Yahoo Messenger on your phone.

What phone do you have? If you have the Note 3 you can follow these steps http://vz.to/1l3N2sH to uninstall 3rd party apps. Please keep in mind that you cannot uninstall apps that were preloaded on the device.

Are you also having issues with the battery? Please provide details regarding your concerns so I may better assist you.

JohnB_VZW

0 Likes
Halle006

I, too, just started experiencing battery drain.  I noticed the mm-qcamera-daemon draining 86% of my battery.  I do not have Yahoo Messenger.  I did follow the uninstalled applications most people posted on the web.  Deleted or at least tried to uninstalled all google stuff but it won't let me.  My guess is they are factory installed.  I also trashed my camera icon off the home screen.  That did not help.  It thought it was the Flashlight but I uninstalled that, too.  I have a Note 3.  Powered down twice.

0 Likes
Magpul83
Enthusiast - Level 3

I had the same problem. I called Verizon and they sent me a new phone and also request a new battery. There is a power save mode and select auto bright on the screen hold the home button down and turn off all the apps that you want off. Something about the first wave of updates messed mine up after the new phone and battery and the NEW update my problem was solved. Hope that helps.

0 Likes
hammerpe33

This is happening to me. My phone app went black and now my battery is draining very quickly. mm-qcamera-daemon is listed as draining my battery. My battery drained in two hours from full charge today and my phone got really hot! There is a lot of information here on this topic. It seems pretty widespread....

0 Likes