Can't receive text messages from iphone users
JenSchanze

Have this great phone I like, but I can't receive text messages from iphones. Tried several "fixes" including unregistering my old phone & number with apple. Verizon says I can't get a replacement, so i'm stuck with this phone that I can't receive texts from my colleagues and family. This is just crazy. Anybody found a solution?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Can't receive text messages from iphone users
AustinBB
Enthusiast - Level 2

have the iphone users also delete their text history.  they shouldn't have to turn off imessage if you unregistered your apple account.  However it may be stored in their phone that you have imessage.  have them start from scratch also. 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
duane534
Enthusiast - Level 2

The problem is Apple, not your phone.

http://www.berryreview.com/2013/06/14/apples-imessage-servers-decide-whether-you-get-your-sms-or-not...

The bottom of the page has instructions to (hopefully) fix it. Unfortunately, the ball is in Apple's court.

0 Likes
JenSchanze

I did unregister my phone with Apple a few days ago. That didn't make a difference, still no texts from iphone.

Just FYI.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi JenSchanze
Let's end that frustration and get those text messages working! Thanks for all the troubleshooting you've done. Please try deleting all old messages on your device. Then power the device all the way off and on and retest.

Please let me know if the issue persists.

JoeL_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
duane534
Enthusiast - Level 2

I know that it isn't ideal, but you could have your iPhone-carrying friends and family disable iMessage in the short term.

0 Likes
Pudelpr

Verizon CS...

I am having the same problem and not receiving any text from any iphone users after I switched from an iphone 4s to a Note 3.. I unregistered with apple and am still having the same issue of no text from iphones which includes work. If I am unable to get text, the phone is useless to me. I find this ridiculous! Is switching phone numbers a fix for this problem? 

0 Likes
duane534
Enthusiast - Level 2

Switching phone numbers would do it. You could also get your iPhone people to use BBM. It is free, better than texting, and wouldn't require a number change.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Pudelpr, I can understand how frustrating it can be not to have text messaging work properly. What software version are you running? If you are not up to date, click on this link to for the steps: http://vz.to/16wf5jj .

SammuelP
VZW Support

0 Likes
JenSchanze

Update- I have made some progress. I am getting texts from some iphone users. I did have to unregister my old phone with apple and clear my messages out like suggested above.

It seems that if SMS is turned on from the iphone that is texting me I can receive; however if not,  I don't. I'm still missing texts daily because I work for a national organization and text is a very common communication practice. I've asked all colleagues to change settings on their phones, but it is not practical nor did it happen.

It's frustrating, but family and close friends can text me now so that's a plus. I'm only looking bad at work, colleagues, members, customers do not think this is their problem or that they should have to change settings on their phone.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for keeping us updated on the status, JenSchanze. I understand having your colleges change their settings is not practical however they may be willing to erase the entire message thread with you on their phone and retry the message. I may suggest testing with a few people to check the performance before asking everyone. I look forward to hearing positive results!

Thank you,

YaleK_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWsupport

0 Likes