Re: Postal Service Discounts for retirees.
pherson
Champion - Level 1

Im not talking about average run of the mill employees such as yourself. Im referring to upper level employess that have a company phone paid for by usps. Obviously you were not one of them.

0 Likes
jhlankford
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes. I had one. But, that is not the issue of this discussion. Those phones were used for business primarily, with my personal cell phone used personally. At least, that's the way it is supposed to be done. The discount is as I described above. That is the issue here.

0 Likes
pherson
Champion - Level 1

Companies (cell phone carriers) just dont dish out cell phone discounts like candy. The company that you WORK FOR has to have a corporate plan with the carrier for you as an employee to get said discount.  If USPS or any other company were to go belly up, your discount goes as well once the reverification, or if you upgrade or make changes to your account, come around. Its quite simple. I dont know why you wish to argue this.

0 Likes
pherson
Champion - Level 1

And, like I described as well, there were obvious changes to the usps cell plan that allowed for the removal of retirees discount, or retirees werent supposed to keep it anyway. And when said change happened and you were asked to reverify, you could not. Because you arent an employee. If you want it back, go back to work. once again, the spirit of entitlement. You dont deserve the discount because you do not meet the qualifications.

0 Likes
RJG9206447

As an NALC member in retirement you can get an AT&T discount.

0 Likes
kh-taylarie
Khoros Partner
Khoros Partner

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes