iPhone 4S/no wifi or Bluetooth after update to iOS 7
sadkins

I updated my iPhone 4S to iOS 7 about a week ago with no connectivity problems at first. Then, two days ago, I have no Bluetooth or wifi, both buttons greyed out. I have tried every solution listed on Apple's support pages, short of freezing or heating it, and have never had recovery. I purchased the phone in March 2012 so of course, I'm out of warranty. I'm on a two year contract so I would be paying full price to replace. The phone is still usable but not having the Bluetooth is hurting the worst-I need it while traveling/driving on long trips. It's just super frustrating to know that this is obviously a very widespread problem that has something to do with the update-all of these phones didn't decide to stop working at once. Now, we're expected to pay/upgrade to a new phone because Apple has a software compatibility problem with the 4/4s.

Is anyone aware if there is a possibility that Apple may come up with some kind of a patch/update and I should just hold out? It's like they've left all of us who are having problems hanging out to dry, expecting us to run out and buy a new iPhone. Quite the opposite-from the looks of it, their lack of support and ownership of the problem is going to lose a lot more customers than they think. Too bad it won't be enough to make a difference to them....

Labels (2)
Tags (3)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: iPhone 4S/no wifi or Bluetooth after update to iOS 7
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi sadkins,

Oh No! We want you to get the most from your phone. I know its frustrating when you phone is not working to full capacity. Have you personally contacted Apple about the software patches. Do you live near an Apple store? Please keep us posted.

Thanks, BobbyS_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi sadkins,

Oh No! We want you to get the most from your phone. I know its frustrating when you phone is not working to full capacity. Have you personally contacted Apple about the software patches. Do you live near an Apple store? Please keep us posted.

Thanks, BobbyS_VZW

0 Likes
PennsyltuckyBoy1

I have similar problems.  I have discussed this in person at and Apple store with a tech.  They say..."buy a refurb phone or a new phone."  In other words, "we will not admit to any culpability in this failure and you should double down by buying another one of our phones." I am thinking there is only one solution that will impress Apple.  Buy another brand of phone. I do not say this lightly because I actually like their phones and other products.  However, I have never had these problems with a Samsung. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi PennysyltuckyBoy1,

We want your services to be problem free! Let's bring your Wi-fi back to life. Do you have a case on this device? If, so please remove the case. Once the case has been removed, please Reset the Network Settings http://vz.to/H4gb9S on the device. Once the Network settings have been reset, please dial *228 and choose opt 2 to update roaming. Keep me posted.

Thanks,
PamelaF_VZW
Tweet us @vzwsupport

0 Likes
joannrn_help

Still not working the Wi-Fi is greyed out and won't let me tap or swipe it on. But if I bring up the controls from the bottom where the new flashlight and airplane mode etc... are located I can tap on wi-fi is says on but it's not.

Help; Thanks

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

You deserve a full functioning device, joannrn_help! Have you tried to reset the network settings? Were you able to connect to WiFi at all since you updated to iOS7? Lets first try to reset the network settings, here is how:

http://vz.to/H4gb9S

If that does not work, you may need to backup and restore your device. Here is how: http://vz.to/10J7fxs

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you,

LenaA_VZW

0 Likes
Mdboo99

One of my two 4S I phones is now greeting out the wifi.  I have tried all the suggestions above and none have helped. I even fully reset the phone and restored a backup but this didn't help either. I have not contacted Apple but plan to do that next.  Are there any other suggestions.  I don't understand why it is affecting one phone and not the other. Oh and a side note on the phone that doesn't, it has not been updated from the 6.01 version to the ISO 7 yet. 

Please help. I can't afford a replacement phone and it is less than a year old.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I truly understand your concern, Mdboo99, and I want to help get this resolved. Apple recently released its newest update 7.0.3. Please complete the update on the device that is not working and test. Thanks.

YosefT_VZW

0 Likes
PB1379

having the same issue with my daughters iphone 4s, she can't get her wifi to work, the update in the comment above requires wifi to download..........so if that is suppose to help we can not download it.

0 Likes
MrsV
Enthusiast - Level 2

I tried that and Im not getting any phone calls .  

0 Likes