Re: Razr M - Can't transfer pictures from internal storage to SD card?
TomsTruck

I tried this and even though my procedure was not exactly the same, I was successful in moving my pictures & videos to the SD card.

I used steps 1 through 3...went to Pictures and found nothing.  I noticed DCIM (Digital Camera Image Management) and found my pictures there.

4.  I selected the Camera file, then "Move this folder" from the menu (three dots) in the lower right.

5.  "Select a destination"...moved to SD card, then DCIM, select Move (upper right of screen).

It takes a while but it works.

0 Likes
mspat2034
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am having the same problem. lost my pictures. Can't find them anywhere. I do not have "manage internal storage" either. I am dissatified with my droid too. My husband has windows phone and he likes it

0 Likes
francisGirl1028
Enthusiast - Level 1

I talked to the online help team and it worked so this is what they said.

1- go to apps

2- go to files

3- click device storage

4- look for then click the file named DCIM

5- Then when the file is opened click and hold the file named CAMERA

6- Click the transfer button (little box at the bottom with an arrow pointing right)

7- At the top click "1 selected"

8- when the menu drops down select SD Card

9- Click "move" on the top right corner

After the Transfer is done you can go back and delete the whole file.

It works for camera taken photos, but as for the messaging photos you will do the same thing only this time you will go under the file called MESSAGING and do the same steps as listed above.

I hope this helps everyone like its helped me! Smiley Happy

Raven072311
Enthusiast - Level 2

I followed the steps and everything looked like it worked. then I went back in to my storage to look and see if the internal storage went down and it stayed the same.

How do you know if it really worked?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Raven072311 - Let's free up some space! Have you tried restarting the device since you moved the pictures? When checking the files are you seeing duplicates among the internal storage and the SD card? I look forward to getting this resolved!

Thank you,

YaleK_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWsupport

0 Likes
sled-dude
Enthusiast - Level 2

Some times after doing file transfers using the files app, you need to power cycle the phone for the changes to register right, least my razr m has this issue.

0 Likes
Lend
Enthusiast - Level 1

Ahhh! Thank you!!!

0 Likes