Re: Droid DNA Problem, No SIM card error
koalaty
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hello,

I've been getting SIM card errors dating back to June.  Additionally, I've noticed that within the past week and daily as of Tuesday, July 9.  I believe that mine is more in relation to an outage here in the San Diego area, as I can't call nor receive any text messages, it generally resolves within an hour.  Except Wed, July 10 it lasted a few hours.  I've seen some recent postings on outages here and other areas, as well.

0 Likes
mragon
Enthusiast - Level 1

Nothing new to add. I got my DNA on the release date last Nov. I got my 3rd sim card today. After I received the first replacement it worked for several months but the error came back yesterday. I was offered a new card or a refurb device. The store encouraged replacing the device but I opted for the card. I've been reading another thread here where people are putting scotch tape on the card to hold it more firmly to the contacts. If I get the error again I might try that. The frustrating thing is when the customer service folks at the store act like they've never heard of this issue and even told me that what I'm reading on forums isn't reliable because users aren't professionals who deal with this phone daily. GRRRRRRRRRRR

signed -

FRUSTRATED and can't wait for contract to end

puji
Enthusiast - Level 1

I had this problem, and went back to the Verizon store and they replaced the sim card for me.  This fixed the problem for a few months and I thought it was just a bad sim card, but now that I see 17 pages of replies to this post, I know it's a phone problem.  I'm only searching, because the problem is happening again.  I like this phone, but it's gotta be a phone first, and I think I'm now forced to go trade it in for a new one.  The guys at the Verizon store near me said they could swap it out for full credit if the problem kept happening.  I intend to hold them to that.

0 Likes
RiggityRow
Enthusiast - Level 2

>>Duplicate post removed for cross-posting violation of the

See   for original message<<

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
RiggityRow
Enthusiast - Level 2

It's crazy that there is 17 pages of this and nothing has been done still.  That really kills any hope that I had that this issue would be fixed  Smiley Sad

jonchris

I have already had 1) SIM Card Replaced- DID NOT HELP

2) Phone completely REPLACED- problem yesterday and today is worse than the original phone.

This is very disgusting when this is what you depend on for communication.

Verizon needs to completely replace the phones, not with the same problem but with new phones!

0 Likes
Jenw62
Enthusiast - Level 1

So i've been doing research on this problem and even read about 5 pages into this and now up until July people are still having the same problem.

I finally got tired of the sim card problem, on top of the head phone jack not working now, (barely can use headphones, half the time it doesn't even pick up i have something plugged into it when i first got it).. i got verizon for the service quality in my area, excited with this phone, but now.. after receving a replacement yesterday that has worse issues than my original (when verizon tech called me, he couldn't even hear me until i put the phone on speaker phone) i am determined to get a different phone.

I haven't even given them the chance to give me the run around since there are 17 pages of complaints and no resolutions to FIX the problem. Then noticed, they don't even offer the DNA on the vzw site anymore. In progress of waiting to see what a supervisor would do for me. I want the note 2, offered to pay the extra $100 (i paid $200 for the DNA  when i switched from ATT to Verizon in January) and re-start my contract..If they won't work with me, i already asked for the disconnect fee and i will just go elsewhere. It just sucks that i'm either paying full price for a new phone that wasn't my fault my original one doesn't work, or i sacrifice the same amount of money to disconnect and go with another carrier with service no where near as good as Verizon's. Smiley Sad

BlakeBinkley
Enthusiast - Level 2

there is a second post where VZW support staff seem to be offering support on this issue. I just posted there, will let you all know if I get a better response there...

0 Likes
melrbu

I have had the SIM card error on 2 separate occasions restarting seemed to fix it. Today it happened twice so I called Verizon I was told there was a software update. I did this and an hour later It gave the error again the update didn't fix mine. this phone is crazy and has multiple glitches.

0 Likes
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

Call HTC and have they replace the SIM card tray.

0 Likes