Re: Galaxy Nexus 4.3 OTA Upgrade?
Leonardo77

My Prediction:  Considering Verizon skipped two updates before 4.2.2, I believe that they will wait until Kit-Kat is released and then about 1 month later release the update.  I agree with all that the Verizon Galaxy Nexus is NOT a Nexus.....more like the Verizon Galaxy Noxious.  I currently have 4 phones with Verizon and it is highly unlikely that I will continue with Verizon once my contract is up. 

Verizon just doesn't seem to get the "Nexus" concept. 

0 Likes
Galaxy Nexus 4.3 OTA Upgrade?
NeedMoreCoffee
Enthusiast - Level 3

Just bumping this as it would be nice for Verizon to roll out 4.3 sometime soon.

0 Likes
cyberfrog
Enthusiast - Level 2

So it was just announced that the HTC was getting 4.3 in a week. Verizon, what is going on? This is incredibly frustrating and your customer supports' obvious canned responses only increase that frustration by seeming to assume that we are idiots. They come off as belittling with their candy coded cheerfulness that only provides empty words with no solutions Give some statements with concrete terms and goals please.

0 Likes
cynindesign
Contributor - Level 2

I'm buying a Note 3 next week, I'll get it then

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

cyberfrog wrote:

So it was just announced that the HTC was getting 4.3 in a week. Verizon, what is going on? This is incredibly frustrating and your customer supports' obvious canned responses only increase that frustration by seeming to assume that we are ******. They come off as belittling with their candy coded cheerfulness that only provides empty words with no solutions Give some statements with concrete terms and goals please.

Last I heard, HTC was planning on the end of the month for the goal of pushing out the 4.3 update on the Verizon Wireless version of the HTC One.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
shirke
Enthusiast - Level 3

4.3 update rolling out to galaxy nexus also? or just HTC One

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We understand the need of the latest & greatest, shirke! At this time, this update is not availble for the Galaxy Nexus. Currently we do not have this information on when or if it will be available. Once or if available, you will receive a notification to update the software.

Thank you,

LenaA_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
cyberfrog
Enthusiast - Level 2

Ann154, your comments continually miss the point of many of the posts in here and are unhelpful and unproductive. Honestly, I suspect you are simply a verizon worker disguised as a consumer and your job is to sidetrack customer complaints and concerns. The main point is that other devices are getting 4.3 soon. Even if they delayed, at least 4.3 has been announced for them. The Verizon Galaxy Nexus, as a Nexus device, is supposed the get the newest and greatest in a timely manner. However, while all other Galaxy Nexus devices from other providers have been updated, and other Android phones, even from Samsung, are getting 4.3, the Galaxy Nexus still remains  ignored. We have not heard any news, no plans for updates, nothing.

Comments edited as required by the Terms of Service.

Message was edited by: Admin Moderator

Pyro411
Enthusiast - Level 3

Cyberfrog, not to defend anyone but my bet is there's an issue with the

CDMA binary blob in use either in the radio firmwares or the driver blob

stopping the rollout of 4.3 for the radio that is in the Verizon Galaxy

Nexus. Seeing as 4.3.1 just rolled out on the Nexus 7 I'm hoping to see

the Galaxy Nexus get 4.3.1 instead of 4.3.0 if any significant changes were

made to the codebase in the .1 upgrade such as battery life or signal

strength over LTE.

Verizon, thank you for replying, even though it was a "No Info available"

reply, just seeing replies & updates is nice so we know we're not abandoned.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

cyberfrog wrote:

Ann154, your comments continually miss the point of many of the posts in here and are unhelpful and unproductive. Honestly, I suspect you are simply a verizon worker disguised as a consumer and your job is to sidetrack customer complaints and concerns. The main point is that other devices are getting 4.3 soon. Even if they delayed, at least 4.3 has been announced for them. The Verizon Galaxy Nexus, as a Nexus device, is supposed the get the newest and greatest in a timely manner. However, while all other Galaxy Nexus devices from other providers have been updated, and other Android phones, even from Samsung, are getting 4.3, the Galaxy Nexus still remains ignored. We have not heard any news, no plans for updates, nothing.

I'm a realist when it comes to these updates. I have seen promised dates for OS updates go by the wayside far too many times. I want the update as much as the next person, but I don't whine and rant about not getting it this second. I would rather have them get it right. I have also had to deal with an bad update that causes the phone to reboot on its own. Thankfully it wasn't as bad as other customers had posted about on this community. For me if I end up with a phone that doesn't work for me the way I expect to most of the time, I will switch to one of my older phones for the time being until an update is released.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.