How do I get better reception in a metal building?
Barnz316
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hello, I am wanting to know how to get better reception inside a metal building(metal roof and exterior walls). I have excellent reception outside the building, often LTE, but I am lucky to get a signal at all inside the building. Thanks

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: How do I get better reception in a metal building?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

An existing wired internet connection and a Verizon Wireless network extender might be an option.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

An existing wired internet connection and a Verizon Wireless network extender might be an option.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

Barnz316
Enthusiast - Level 2

I should have stated this but an extender isn't an option, there isn't a internet connection in the building.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Barnz316,

Let's locate your missing signal in the building! When did this issue start? What device do you have? Are any other VZW users reporting the same issue in this building? What zipcode is the building in? What floor of the building do you use the service on? Send details..

Thanks,
PamelaF_VZW
Tweet us @vzwsupport

0 Likes
Barnz316
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hello Pamela,

I work 3 hours away from my home and rent an apartment where I stay during the week. It's just a single floor dwelling located in Robinson IL. 62454 with a metal roof and exterior side walls. I have excellent reception( 4g and often LTE ) outside the building but once I go inside, I'm lucky to be able to make a call and internet almost never works. There is no broadband internet connection inside the building so a network extender is not an option. Thank you in advance for your help.

Bob B.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for the details, Barnz316! I understand the need of reliable service in all locations. With service working outdoors, it assures us that there are no network issues in the area. Service is not guaranteed indoors as the structure of the building can impact coverage. The only solution at this point would be a Network Extender when there is DSL/Broadband connection in the future. Go to:  http://vz.to/gwFgVl to learn more.

Thank you,

LenaA_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes