Re: When will we get the Moto X OTA update?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

rader023, We want to provide you with any update that is available for your device. As soon as there is news to be shared about the update, we will be sure to update our news site. There is nothing available at this time. We do understand the importance of the updates. We take pride in the overall network experience.

TamaraH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Hanoverfiste
Contributor - Level 1

Then there is an inherent flaw in how VZW operates in regards to updates.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Hanoverfiste wrote:

LasinaH_VZW are you joking? How can VZW not have the update, every other carrier does.

Where is YOUR proof of the other carriers' update notices?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
opuntia
Enthusiast - Level 2

LasinaH_VZW,

Hoping that you can provide a little more clarification on your statement, "At this time, our friends at Motorola have not yet confirmed or provided a release date for this information"

Has Verizon received, tested and approved the update from Motorola?  If yes, is your statement basically saying that you're now waiting for Motorola to tell you when they're going to send the update out to VZW customers?

Thanks!

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

opuntia wrote:

LasinaH_VZW,

Hoping that you can provide a little more clarification on your statement, "At this time, our friends at Motorola have not yet confirmed or provided a release date for this information"

Has Verizon received, tested and approved the update from Motorola?  If yes, is your statement basically saying that you're now waiting for Motorola to tell you when they're going to send the update out to VZW customers?

Thanks!

I hope you realize that she or the other reps aren't going to answer this question with a direct answer. If they answer it will be just as evasive and vague as the previous message.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
opuntia
Enthusiast - Level 2

You're probably right, but it can't hurt to try.

0 Likes
AlteraPete
Enthusiast - Level 3

Like everyone else here, and anyone with a brain, I agree that Verizon is just making themselves look worse by pretending it's not their fault that they are so slow to roll out updates.  The whole reason this thread exists is because we all saw that T-Mobile was already rolling out updates supplied from Motorola, so how can Verizon say that Motorola hasn't "provided a release date" for this update? 

Verizon, are you saying that America's Most Reliable Network has is somehow last in line to receive Android updates?  We all know that's not true.  I'm sure all the carriers get the updates at the same time, and Verizon just takes its sweet time "testing" those updates before they're rolled out.  Please, correct me if I'm wrong.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

AlteraPete, our friends at Motorola are always saving the best for last! Forgive us for any delays. It's our goal to ensure that you have the best wireless experience on your device. Additionally, the security and performance of your device is our top priority, as well.

At this time, we have not been provided with confirmation or a release date for software updates for this device. However stay tuned: http://bit.ly/n5snpq

LasinaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
hedricke11

I like this answer. It's honest. You haven't heard anything.

Is this something you would usually hear about before it shows up on the

news feed in the link you provided?

On Oct 5, 2013 12:28 PM, "Verizon Wireless Customer Support" <

0 Likes
wdmark
Enthusiast - Level 2

Update:  If you haven't been following the Motorola Moto X Forums, then, see this link from a post in the Motorola Forums this morning: http://www.theverge.com/2013/10/7/4811776/congrats-at-t-moto-x-owners   While the article rhetorically suggests we should now blame every malady on Verizon, I'd rather limit accountability to what Verizon can/should control and do but hasn't: get this and future updates to customers.  All the Verizon responses here have suggested it is a Motorola problem, but from our collective experience over time, we know better.

The prospects of a similar delay (or worse...never), when KitKat is released are foreseeable too. Thanks to this and  the various other Android forums for the forewarning. This long term Verizon customer (happy with so much else they do) is still not ready to upgrade to the Moto X at least not on Verizon.  Thankfully, my contract will expire during the wait.

0 Likes