Re: Lumia 928 Audio Drop-outs
egelliott3

I disagree with the "good as new", but I guess it depends how you look at it.  Each refurbished phone I have gotten has had marring under the Windows button on the phone as well as a few other minor cosmetic issues.  Being that I am on my third phone in the last 6mo since launch (and soon to be on my 4th because this one is having the SAME problem) I find this infuriating.  What was the point of paying full price for a phone that does not work past 3-4 weeks and you can only get refurbs.

0 Likes
primortal
Master - Level 1

Call Nokia support directly, 1-888-665-4228 instead of VZW support they are useless and I'll keep saying this I bet VZW keeps shuffling the same refurb phones to those that get replacements.

JackAlex

The exact same issue with this phone here.  Moreover this is my third 928. My first one had a locking screen, my second one did not even boot, and now this one works only over the back speaker on incomings calls. BTW: Made in China.

0 Likes
timmyz_2
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am starting to noticed this problem from the past 2 months, but only late (the last few weeks) called and let the Verizon Wireless representative feel my WRATH about the poor quality. I asked them is it the network? and they said they opened up a trouble ticket to determine the cause. The technician called me back and said that I was in a variable service area, and recommended I get a power extender, or another device. I am calling Nokia with PRIMORTAL's number. I am starting to hate this phone now. I have tried several times to call people with my speaker phone on and i can hear them well. only when i turn the speaker phone off, do I start to not hear the other caller.

0 Likes
primortal
Master - Level 1

Let's know what Nokia says.  It would be interesting to see what they say over VZW.  I love the fact they are forcing an extender down your throat or pushing off to another device.  An extender isn't going to help you when your out of the house Smiley Sad

timmyz_2
Enthusiast - Level 2

They told me to reset the phone by

Press and hold the volume down and power buttons together for about ten seconds and the phone will vibrate and restart. I tried it and i am starting to hear people better. No more having to say: "Hello?, Hello? Hello? Can you hear me?" Let's see how long this works Primortal. Good Luck!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That's no good JackAlex! Are you having these sound difficulties when using other functions or apps such as music or video? Have you tried a headset or earpiece?

JonathanK_VZW
VZW Support
Follow Us on Twitter@VZWSupport

0 Likes
timmyz_2
Enthusiast - Level 2

The reset is still not working. I thought it worked the first few times trying to call, and talk. I tried turning on Speaker Phone to talk and listen again and it works fine. I even tried plugging an earphone into the the jack, and I had to talk to the other person with earphones on. The conversation was clear and crisp. No static, no dead sounds, i can talk and hear perfectly, just with an earphone. I will call or stop by my Verizon store and have a talk with them about my options. I will cal Nokia back again and talk about my options with them. I hope this helps other people with bad ear pieces.

0 Likes
haulksmash

So my original nokia 928, purchased brand new in July malfunctioned (headphone issue). They sent me a refurbed 928 that's starting to have tactile screen issues. The screen will lock up and wont respond to touches. I know the phone didn't freeze up because the volume rocker and side buttons still work. This happens about twice a day and requires a hard-reset. When the verizon employees tell you that refurbs pass quality control and will function fine, its bogus. This is the worst experience I've had with verizon and nokia/windows phone. Zero customer satisfaction......

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@haulksmash,

Having a fully functioning phone is definitely a must and I'm here to help! I understand how frustrating it can be to have to hard reset you phone, let alone twice a day. Let's get to the bottom of this!

What exactly is happening with the screen? Is it not responding to your touch? Does it happen when accessing a certain app or function on the phone?

When you do the hard reset are you re-installing all the 3rd party apps back on the phone?

I'm sure we can get this resolved so you can go back to enjoying your phone and service.

JohnB_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes