GPS tracking a lost/stolen phone
brnvonne

has anyone tried tracking a stolen droid by using the gps feature, if so how did you do it and was it successful i.e. you located the phone?

Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: GPS tracking a lost/stolen phone
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Do you have a tracking app installed on the phone?  If not and the phone is already lost/stolen, you could try Plan B from Google Play.

0 Likes
brnvonne

Thanks I believe I do but I will also check out Plan B

0 Likes
kriddick1

my daughter's phone is lost.  We do not have the tracking app on the phone.  Can you explain how we might track it down?

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

The above information is out of date.  There is an app on Google Play called Android Lost

Android Lost - Android Apps on Google Play

that advertises that it can be installed 'after the fact', i.e., once the phone is lost.  I don't know how well/if it works, but you might give it a try. 

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The Android Device managerby Google might also be available to the user

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
WoodyDrake

Did anyone ever respond to you...I am going through the same thing. Her phone was on scilent when she misplaced it, so now, even calling it doesnt work.

0 Likes
Grifmw

Kaspersky Security is good.  You can track your phone, activate the camera to see who has it and factory reset it to protect data.  It also runs hidden.

0 Likes