Re: Samsung Stratosphere won't charge
DestinyInNOLA
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have now purchased extra batteries and an external charger - when I charge the batteries on the external charger they last the normal amount of time - which still isn't as good as other phone, but better than charging in the phone. Last night I charged one battery in the phone, took it off the charger about 3-4 hours ago and only had 1 2-minute phone call (no other usage) battery is already down to 32%....

0 Likes
thedonnieb
Enthusiast - Level 1

>>Post removed for discussion of moderation.  Please send a Direct Message to moderator or admin_moderator   if you have concerns about moderation.<<

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
DestinyInNOLA
Enthusiast - Level 1

I don't think the Stratosphere has been offered as a phone for quite a while....thinking they are just waiting for out two years to run out and then of course we will ALL want new phones, so they will have us all locked in for 2 more years - IMO it is a crazy (albeit creative) way to create customer loyalty...

0 Likes
DestinyInNOLA
Enthusiast - Level 1

>>Post removed for discussion of moderation.  Please send a Direct Message to moderator or admin_moderator   if you have concerns about moderation.<<

>>MODERATOR COMMENT:  Posts are not deleted due to some issue that you may feel VZW does not want to address.  However, posts will be edited or deleted for violating the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service (such as for discussing moderation).<<

0 Likes
DestinyInNOLA
Enthusiast - Level 1

>>MODERATOR COMMENT:  Any more violations of the   and this thread will be closed to further posts.<<

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

DestinyInNOLA, it sounds like you're doing the most to get your device to charge. Software issues caused by 3rd party applications can affect your device's ability to charge completely. Some applications may continue to run in the background of your device while charging. I recommend that you uninstall any unwanted applications to improve the performance. For more device support, click http://bit.ly/y5iuoj

Lasina_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

thedonnieb, I see your distress call regarding the charging issue on your device. I apologize for the delay in responding to your previous post. Charging issues can be caused by physical, liquid or software issues. If the charging port is unstable or loose, then this is considered phyiscal damage that is covered under insurance, http://vz.to/qMsRtb

If your battery charging issue is due to a software issue caused by a 3rd party application, then we reccomend that you uninstall any unwanted apps in the Settings of your device. For more device support, click http://bit.ly/y5iuoj

Lasina_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSUPPORT

0 Likes
nebrkt

I saw on another post about this issue about checking where you plug the charger into your phone.  The person said they used a tweezer to slightly bend the little piece of metal in the phone as it had looked like it may have been bent down (just in the slightest bit).  Well, I was at my wits end as my phone just started acting up about a week ago, it wouldn't charge when it looked like it was.  Bought a new charger and it worked for a few days and back to same old thing, not charging..  So I tried bending the metal piece up just a smidge..IT WORKED!!!!!  My phone is charging as we speak.  It's worth a shot folks!  Saved me from going to Verizon store to have them check the battery, etc.  I had spent 30 minutes on the phone with a gal last week with no resolve except the suggestion of maybe getting a new phone, repair, new charger, etc.  Good luck!!

0 Likes