Can I sell my iphone 5s?
MJL7

I upgraded to the iphone 5s 32gb at the 2 year contract rate, if I prefer to keep my current iphone can I sell the 5s to my brother and let him activate it on his verizon account rather than returning it?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Can I sell my iphone 5s?
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Yes you can, but remember that you'll still be under a two-year contract for the new phone (i.e., no subsidized upgrade available for two years) and the phone's warranty won't transfer

0 Likes
MJL7

Thank you for your answer. I understand that I will be under contract for 2 more years. Do I need to activate the 5s first, before selling it? Also would I need to remove the sim card? I just want to make sure I don't screw anything up as far as my service goes and I also want to make sure my brother will be able to activate the phone on his verizon service with his same phone number. Thanks again!

0 Likes
B33
Legend

I'll add a long to wait for a new phone purchase  And with Verizon's Next year possibilities, New and improved Devices, It's move into VoLTE and the Devices to go with that system,  Next year 2014 might be a big year.!  a possible good reason to return the device for bigger and better things.Smiley Happy b33

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

You'd need to activate the phone on your line to accept the Terms and Conditions, then you can switch back to your current phone (you may need a new SIM card to switch back to your current phone; if so, they're free at your local Corporate Verizon store).  Your brother would need a new SIM card to activate the phone on his line; again, they're free at your local Corporate Verizon store.

0 Likes
craftymom22

<< Duplicate post removed.  Please see for original post. >>

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

MJL7, congratulations on your upgrade to the new iPhone 5S! It is certainly your choice to sell your device to your brother and reactivate your previous phone. However, please be advised that your contract end date will still remain the same if you extended it for another two year agreement for this upgrade.

For your convenience, you may reactivate your previous device online at My Verizon http://vz.to/12m2lHL

LasinaH_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes