Message‪+‬ 4+

Verizon Wireless

• 1.4 • 871 Ratings
    • Free

Screenshots

Description

People on the go can’t be tied down to one place or one device. Use Verizon Messages to seamlessly send and receive messages on your Smartphone, iOS device, tablet and desktop (MAC, PC and Web). Your conversations are organized in one place and saved on your device for up to 90 days.

Send and receive messages over Extended Wi-Fi from your smartphone, iOS device, tablet, PC, Mac and web browser.
NEW Group chats – Create larger group chats with up to 250 people.
Send and receive photos/videos in seconds.
Personalize your chat experience with avatars, backgrounds and more.
You can even mute a conversation or add or remove members.

What’s New

Version 3.0.5

Bug fixes

Ratings and Reviews

1.4 out of 5
871 Ratings

871 Ratings

Antyptyr ,

Promising but extremely buggy!!

I was very excited, but had a little apprehension given that this is Verizon software, about this messaging app when I first installed it. Seemed to work fine for the first 3-4 days but then something happend and the app came to halt. It kept crashing constantly and I eventually located the problem to a picture in a specific message. When I deleted this pic everything worked fine but I had to reinstall the app. After that reinstall, the app could not keep any of its settings, each app start sent me back to the setup where it would ask that I put in my mobile number - previous settings such as hide upon login would also not be retained. It was like start the app from scratch every single time it was initiated. The app deteriorated in performance and eventually it was unusable. This is certainly not the iMessage app equivalent, far from it. It amazes me that a company of Verizon’s resources, technological depth cannot write and subsequently support a messaging app on the desktop to consumers. I would recommend you stay away from this app, it is far too buggy and if you are not careful you might lose messages on your device as you try to troubleshoot and look for workarounds. A greatly missed opportunity to have me hooked in to the Verizon message+ system, but at the same time, not too surprising that Verizon end-user execution is so poor. Again, I highly recommend that you do not install this it is worse than beta software.

Noah Peel ,

All of sudden, POOF!

3 stars downgradded to 1 star! I have successfully been using the Verizon Messages+ app for about 3 years now without major issues, mostly on my G5 PowerMac. I recently purchased a brand new Mac with all the bells and whistles, because I can, and now the Messages+ app crashes the instant I open it. I’ve tride several differnt angles of attack (i.e. deleting and reinstalling, rebooting.. you know the usual b.s. the sevice techs say to do) and to no avail. When the app begins to open and a screen shows up, it closes itself just as fast. POOF! its gone! As if I never even opened it. Not even a trace of it running by instpecting my activity monitor. It’s just gone. I will claim that I've enjoyed using this app over the years because of convenience. Otherwise I’m stuck on my T9 texting phone and that’s absurd. With the tech we have today why does T9 even still exist? LOL. Anyhow, I’m finidng this very annoying that the desktop app is no longer working for myself. As far as support to obtain answers about my issue, forget it. This is like trying to find a needle in a haystack. Verizon you need to fix this. I do wish to continue using the desktop app on my iMac AND you need to give better customer service for app usage. At least tell us that you don’t give a crap rather than just ignoring your customer base by not giving them the means to communicate these issues. Oh well, I’ve said my peace. Good luck to anyone whom is successful in using this app.

pmzahorosky ,

Does not work on corporate machines.

I started using the Verizon Messages app several years ago to have text messages synced across mutliple devices, only one of which is a Verizon mobile device. I use the Verizon Messages app on my phone, tablet, a Windows computer and a Mac (the latter being the corporate computer). A couple of years ago, I.T. upgraded the network, adding additional securities and firewalls. All of these updates affected nothing I use on the work computer except for this Verizon Messages app. This app is the only app that does not work with increased security, and since then the Verizon MEssages app will not sync while on the cororate network. When I connect the Mac to a different network-- say my home wi-fi or mobile hotspot-- it syncs fine.

The app has always been buggy with the only recent updates adding stupid emojis and other useless features. Verizon refuses to troubleshoot this problem. Myself and many, many other people have requested some sort of fix, allowing to assign proxy for the app, anything that could allow us to use it on a secured network. Verizon just flat out says "no".

Seriously- look at the customer ratings above. 1-1/2 stars with 264 1-star reviews. This app is not that terrible. Verizon's service is terrible and that's what totally destroys this app.

App Privacy

The developer, Verizon Wireless, indicated that the app’s privacy practices may include handling of data as described below. For more information, see the developer’s privacy policy.

Data Not Linked to You

The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:

• Contact Info
  • User Content
  • Identifiers

Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More

More By This Developer

My Verizon
Utilities
Verizon Cloud
Productivity
Verizon Content-Transfer
Productivity
Message+
Social Networking
Verizon Call Filter
Utilities
GizmoHub