Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu

Switching to Verizon has its rewards.

Bring your number and get the best deals. Check your eligibility.

Shop the best smartphone deals.

Get our best smartphone & accessory deals with an Unlimited Plus plan.

Love your device?

Bring it with you to Verizon.

Bring your number.

Keep your current number
when you switch to Verizon.

Switching to a new carrier.

Can I use my AT&T or TMobile phone with any carrier? And would I be able to transfer my current phone number when switching to a new carrier?

Typically, yes. Phones can usually be unlocked, regardless of which carrier you bought them from including AT&T and T-Mobile. As long as they're compatible with your new desired carrier's network, they can be used with that specific carrier. Same goes for using your existing phone number and porting it over to another carrier. Check to see if your phone and/or phone number is compatible with Verizon.

Check to see if your device is unlocked.

What information will I need to provide when bringing my number to Verizon?

To start the process of bringing your number, we need to know:

• The current active number that you want to bring to Verizon.
  • The account number of your old service provider as it appears on your bill.

Note: If you’re starting the number transfer process in person, bring your most recent bill.
  • A security code. Depending on your carrier, this may be a Number Transfer PIN, security PIN, account PIN or password. It's specific to the line/number, it's not the log-in code for your account.
  • Another number where we can reach you during the transfer process (other than the number you’re bringing to Verizon).

Need more time to gather this information? Choose "transfer later." We'll text you a link you can use when you're ready.

Is it free to unlock my phone?

Submitting an unlock request through your carrier should be free, yes – however, if you have outstanding charges on your account, you may be required to pay your account's outstanding balance before you can successfully unlock your device.