Verizon Wireless Community Terms of Service
"Posting" means, but is not limited to, any text, links, images, communications, opinions, software, data, and any other content any person provides on Verizon Wireless Community, including, but not limited to message boards, chats, blogs, or otherwise. Your use of Verizon Wireless Community, or any materials or services accessible through it, after a Posting or notification regarding modifications to the Terms constitutes your acceptance of those modifications. Your violation of any of the Terms may result in the suspension or termination of your access or use of Verizon Wireless Community.
Participating in the Verizon Wireless Community
The Verizon Wireless Community is intended to provide consumers with the opportunity to exchange useful and helpful information. All participants must be above the age of thirteen. We may edit or remove any posting we consider, in our sole discretion, to violate the Terms or be inappropriate for the Verizon Wireless Community for any reason.
Users of the Verizon Wireless Community are responsible for exercising careful and appropriate judgment in evaluating and taking action based on other participants' postings on Verizon Wireless Community, since such postings may reflect significantly different levels of knowledge and experience by participants. Users of the Verizon Wireless Community agree that Verizon Wireless is not responsible for the accuracy of the content of the Verizon Wireless Community and will not be liable for any damages incurred as a result of their use of any such content. Participants may post hypertext links to content hosted and maintained by third parties. Verizon Wireless has no obligation to monitor these linked sites, and is not responsible for them. Accessing any such linked sites is done entirely at the user's own risk.
Posting to the Verizon Wireless Community
Users of the Verizon Wireless Community agree not to upload, post, or otherwise transmit any content (including but not limited to text, links, communications, software, images, sounds, data, or other information) that includes any of the following inappropriate content:
- Any personal information belonging either to the poster or another person, such as full name, address, phone number, personal email address, and trouble ticket repair numbers;
- Spam, such as advertisements for other web sites and services, or other commercial solicitation; chain letters, or pyramid schemes;
- Flood, such as excessive posting or padding posts;
- Profanity; material that is libelous, fraudulent, unlawful, defamatory, pornographic, obscene, profane, abusive, offensive, threatening, hateful, or otherwise objectionable;
- Discussion of illegal activities or providing links to other websites containing such information;
- Discussions that veer off topic, are unrelated to resolving the issue at hand, or abuse any company or product.
- Discussions of moderator actions on the boards. If you need to comment on a moderator action, please private message any administrator/moderator;
- Material, the posting of which violates any party's copyright or other intellectual property rights;
- Posting, publishing, uploading, reproducing or distributing personal contact information belonging to Verizon Wireless or Verizon Wireless employees for any reason is subject to immediate removal and the actions are grounds for probation and dismissal.
- Posting or transmitting any information or software containing a virus, worm, Trojan horse, or other damaging or destructive component;
- Posting a link directing users to any information or content that, if posted on the Verizon Wireless Community, would constitute a violation of the Terms or of any State or Federal law;
- "Bombing" the Verizon Wireless Community or individual threads with repetitive or meaningless postings, postings unrelated to the purpose of the Verizon Wireless Community, excessive cross-posting;
- Attacks, including "Flaming" another user or entity in such a way as to incite or perpetuate an argument or conflict; creating usernames to attack other users' identities; impersonating other individuals or falsely representing one's identity or qualifications; posts made under secondary user names or other aliases for the purpose of either endorsing or denigrating others; posts that breach any participant's privacy by including name, address, phone, email address, or any other identifying information.
- Posts that describe how to violate any Verizon Wireless or Verizon Wireless policy or term or condition are considered unacceptable will have the offensive language deleted.
- Posts that discuss hacking and/or rooting a wireless device from any carrier will be removed.
- Likes abuse including soliciting others for Likes, or giving an excessive number of Likes to a specific user.
Please Note: Verizon and Verizon Wireless reserve the right to remove any post or poster either deems inappropriate.
Due to a spam attack the Verizon Wireless Community experienced in late 2015, our registration policy for “community member only” registrations has changed. All users who sign up with community member only accounts must be approved by our moderation team. Our moderation team reserves the right to reject any new user accounts if they do not meet criteria for entry into the community as outlined in the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service. This policy is to prevent future spam attacks and ensure the integrity of our community. For more information on this policy and on spam in the community, please see Just Say No, to SPAM!
While registration is not required to read postings on the Verizon Wireless Community, users must register an account with Verizon Wireless in order to post to the Verizon Wireless Community. Verizon Wireless may refuse to grant you, and you may not use, a user name that is already being used by someone else, belongs to or impersonates another person or wireless employee, or violates the intellectual property or other rights of any person (including but not limited to trademark rights), is offensive, or that Verizon Wireless rejects for any other reason in its sole discretion. Participants agree that all information provided in a profile is accurate, up to date, and complete, and that it will be kept updated. Verizon Wireless may terminate your account if any of the information provided is found to be inaccurate, out of date, or incomplete.
Verizon Wireless strongly discourages users from posting personally identifiable information in the Verizon Wireless Community. Any information posted on the Verizon Wireless Community is at the user's own risk. Verizon Wireless respects and protects the privacy of our customers and those who use our Web sites, and the Verizon Wireless Policy P provides details of our approach to privacy and how we collect, use and protect personal information. But information posted on the Verizon Wireless Community is not protected and can be easily obtained and used by others.
Verizon Wireless reserves the right to manage the postings on the Verizon Wireless Community to provide an orderly presentation of this information. To effectively manage the Verizon Wireless Community, Verizon Wireless may designate employees or others to act as moderators and administrators for the Verizon Wireless Community ("Moderators"). These Moderators are the only representatives of Verizon Wireless authorized to manage the Verizon Wireless Community. Any Verizon Wireless employees, subcontractors or vendors who are not designated as Moderators or Employees are not authorized to represent themselves on the Verizon Wireless Community as Verizon Wireless employees. Authorized Verizon Wireless Employees are distinguished by the Rank of "Employee" and/or an official Verizon Wireless logo as an Avatar. Verizon Wireless is not responsible for content provided by any Verizon Wireless employee who is not designated as a Moderator or an Employee.
Users are asked to help Verizon Wireless keep the Verizon Wireless Community a valuable and enjoyable information resource for all participants by notifying us of any offending messages or other violations of these Terms. To advise us of such a posting, click the confidential "Report Abuse" link on the applicable post. Repeat offenders will be contacted by email and eventually banned from the Verizon Wireless Community. If violations are egregious in nature, we will contact the appropriate authorities.
Modification and discontinuance of the Verizon Wireless Community
Verizon Wireless reserves the right at any time to delete, modify, suspend, or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, the Verizon Wireless Community (or any part of the Verizon Wireless Community, including any postings) with or without notice. Users agree that Verizon Wireless will not be liable to users or third parties for any modification, suspension, or discontinuance of the Verizon Wireless Community.
A user's privilege to utilize or access the Verizon Wireless Community may be terminated by Verizon Wireless immediately and without notice if the user fails to comply with any term or condition of the Terms. Upon such termination, the user must immediately cease accessing or utilizing the Verizon Wireless Community and agree not to re-register or otherwise make use of the Verizon Wireless Community. Furthermore, the user acknowledges that Verizon Wireless reserves the right to take action -- technical, legal, or otherwise -- to block, nullify, or deny the user's ability to access the Verizon Wireless Community. The user understands that Verizon Wireless may exercise this right in its sole discretion.
Disclaimer of Warranties and Limitation of Liability
MOST OF THE CONTENT POSTED TO THE VERIZON COMMUNITY IS PROVIDED BY THIRD PARTIES NOT AFFILIATED WITH VERIZON. THIRD-PARTY CONTENT IS THE SOLE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE PERSON ORIGINATING THAT CONTENT. THE USER AGREES THAT VERIZON DOES NOT CONTROL, AND IS NOT RESPONSIBLE IN ANY WAY FOR, THIS THIRD-PARTY CONTENT. ADDITIONALLY, THE USER AGREES THAT VERIZON IS NOT LIABLE FOR, AND THE USER SHALL INDEMNIFY AND HOLD VERIZON, AND ITS SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, OFFICERS, AGENTS, AND EMPLOYEES HARMLESS FROM ANY CLAIM, INCLUDING REASONABLE ATTORNEYS' FEES, MADE BY ANY THIRD PARTY RELATING TO OR ARISING OUT OF CONTENT SUBMITTED, POSTED, TRANSMITTED, OR MADE AVAILABLE THROUGH VERIZON COMMUNITY, USE OF VERIZON COMMUNITY, VIOLATION OF THE TERMS OR VIOLATION OF ANY RIGHTS OF ANOTHER. THE CONTENT ON VERIZON COMMUNITY IS "AS IS" AND CARRIES NO WARRANTIES. VERIZON DOES NOT WARRANT OR GUARANTEE THE ACCURACY, RELIABILITY, COMPLETENESS, USEFULNESS, NON-INFRINGEMENT OF INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS, OR QUALITY OF ANY CONTENT ON VERIZON COMMUNITY, REGARDLESS OF WHO ORIGINATES THAT CONTENT. VERIZON DOES NOT WARRANT THAT VERIZON COMMUNITY IS SECURE, FREE FROM BUGS, VIRUSES, INTERRUPTION, ERRORS, OR OTHER LIMITATIONS. YOU EXPRESSLY UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT YOU BEAR ALL RISKS ASSOCIATED WITH USING OR RELYING ON THAT CONTENT. VERIZON IS NOT LIABLE OR RESPONSIBLE IN ANY WAY FOR ANY CONTENT POSTED ON OR LINKED FROM VERIZON COMMUNITY, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, ANY ERRORS OR OMISSIONS IN CONTENT, OR FOR ANY LOSSES OR DAMAGE OF ANY KIND INCURRED AS A RESULT OF THE USE OF OR RELIANCE ON ANY CONTENT. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, VERIZON AND ITS REPRESENTATIVES ARE NOT LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING DAMAGES RELATING TO LOSS OF BUSINESS, TELECOMMUNICATION FAILURES, LOSS, CORRUPTION, SECURITY OR THEFT OF DATA, LOSS OF PROFITS OR INVESTMENT, OR THE LIKE), WHETHER BASED ON BREACH OF CONTRACT, BREACH OF WARRANTY, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), STRICT LIABILITY, PRODUCT LIABILITY, OR OTHERWISE, EVEN IF VERIZON OR ITS REPRESENTATIVES HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES AND EVEN IF A REMEDY IS FOUND TO HAVE FAILED OF ITS ESSENTIAL PURPOSE. THE LIMITATIONS OF DAMAGES SET FORTH ABOVE ARE FUNDAMENTAL ELEMENTS OF THE BASIS OF THE AGREEMENT BETWEEN VERIZON AND THE USER.