Limiting the number of contacts on a group text message
ILFC

I'm trying to send a text message out to a group of 22 contacts through the Pulse app.  The app does not limit the number of contacts in a group text message, but Pulse claims that they cannot get around the limitations of the service provider.

1.  Does Verizon limit the number of contacts in a group text message? 

2.  Or is it a limitation by my phone, Moto Z Play?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Limiting the number of contacts on a group text message
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

ILFC, we understand how important it is to have the ability to converse with many all at once. We deeply apologize, but this is a limitation of our messaging services. A group message can only support up to 20 contacts at once. At this time there is no option to add more than that amount. 

StevenG_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
MJMillard

The group shows that I can add 250 people to the group.  To only be able to text 20 at a time, is a huge difference.  Maybe I just need a different message app I guess.

Disappointing

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

@MJMillard wrote:

The group shows that I can add 250 people to the group.  To only be able to text 20 at a time, is a huge difference.  Maybe I just need a different message app I guess.

Disappointing

You are posting on an old thread. The limits between last year and this year have changed considerably. Using Messages plus you can have groups as large as 250.  I assume that any message app that is built into your phone can also message up to 250

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

MJMillard, I'm sorry for any confusion this has caused. I understand this group messaging feature is important for you. Mama23dogs is correct. A group can have up to 250 participants, and you can find more information on this link. http://spr.ly/66051GOtV Please refer to option #2 under 'Features of Verizon Messages (Message+)' for more clarification on this feature. http://spr.ly/66051GOtV

GersonG_VZW

0 Likes